06 Accord auto

ClintBeastwood

06 Accord auto

Post by ClintBeastwood »

hello

Im looking to either build a k24/k20 or k24a2 and drop it in my Accord. Reading through previous posts it seems Ktuner will allow me to have functioning 3-lobe vtec.

Will ktuner work with an auto?

My car has a MAF sensor AND a MAP sensor. Will Ktuner allow me to delete the Maf and rely on the Map sensor like the k24a2/TSX?

Would I be able to use the TSX base tune for a starting point?

Thanks
KTuner
Site Admin

Re: 06 Accord auto

Post by KTuner »

Yes, yes, and no. It's an MT tune, so you'll need to have it tuned using the AT codebase. Unfortunately the transmission control is separate and we aren't programming that, so it will be shifting earlier than the TSX engine can be useful to.
ClintBeastwood

Post by ClintBeastwood »

This is a daily driver. My wife can’t drive a manual transmission and I need her to be able to drive this car in emergencies etc. I already have a toy, a big block, manual trans, street/strip Chevelle.

I have no problems shifting the car manually. I do it all the time. In Drive it shifts at 6k and manually it will hit the rev limiter at 6.5k in 1st-3rd. I would think raising the rev limiter and shifting manually would solve the powerband problem.

I currently have installed a 06-08 k24a2 exhaust manifold, downpipe and catalytic converter and a complete v6 dual exhaust on the car. Have also installed the 06-08 tsx lower intake and throttle body. The car has gained power everywhere and pulls significantly harder at the top end without losing any low end power. My ultimate goal is to drop in a k24a2 long block with a prb oil pump and a 50* vtc gear. Down the road i would also look at building a trans with Level 10 components and stall converter.
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

Totally capable then!
ClintBeastwood

Post by ClintBeastwood »

Thanks for the help!
KTuner
Site Admin