ktuner not reading MAF values

BigRed

Re: ktuner not reading MAF values

Post by BigRed »

Afternoon!

Sorry it’s been a minute. So went through every function monitoring Fast CAN (F-CAN) and Body CAN (B-CAN) for inputs from both the clutch position sensor and brake sensor, including all the button presses on the steering wheel. All were registering real-time and would switch ON/OFF without delay. The only one that was not changing was the “Cruise Enable”…and regardless on what I bypassed to rule out switch’s or wiring faults (sanity checks), the status would not change. The only input I could not replicate is the pulsed cruise signal from what would have been an automatic transmission. The trick with the 06-07 models is that they rely on almost exclusively Control Area Network within the gauge cluster and sends user feedback to the DBW controller through the ECM, so the wiring details are limited in the service manuals. The 2003-2005’s have an external cruise module with traditional inputs and outputs with no CAN. It’s definitely a board level hardware issue, Connector D (17P) pin 12 which would receive the pulsed input is one of the permissives for the ECU and the Gauge cluster to set the cruise and stay enabled. The main cruise light goes on, but the set button will not engage without this pulsed input from the auto on Pin 12. So whether it’s a shaft speed sensor (the auto has an additional one) and the pulses are not in an amplitude or range the ECU likes I don’t have an answer unfortunately. I’d have to see a board level schematic to find the values. I swapped in a factory ECU and the cruise works again.

So my best bet is to have HA Motorsport send the manual ECM as originally requested now that we ruled out the No Cruise on an auto ktuner ECU. No worries, had fun digging into this platform. So hope this helps!

V/r

BigRed
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

Good information.

If removing the unit from your ECU to use in a new one be sure you unlock the unit from your own laptop first. Do not send it off still locked to the old ECU.
BigRed

Post by BigRed »

No worries, I unlocked ktuner and put the original VIN back on the ECU before I packaged it up. Thanks for the heads up!
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

No problem!

Return to “06-07 Accord Specific”