ktuner not reading MAF values

Ngadhnjim

ktuner not reading MAF values

Post by Ngadhnjim »

Hi, So i have a 2007 accord with tsx 6 speed manual. for the reverse lockout i got the automatic transmission ECU with ktuner on it from HA motorsports. Got the ecu installed and went to tune the car at the shop, they said there's no MAF readings. they thought it was a bad MAF, but when it was unplugged the car wouldn't even turn on. after a couple hours he disabled the MAF and tuned the car on the MAP sensor. I thought it was an ECU issue, so i exchanged ECU with HA, and the problem persisted. Since disabling the MAF i think puts the car in limp mode, my cruise control doesn't work. I was just wondering if i could get some help as to what's going on? the values of the MAF can be read from the OBD2 port, and the ECU is receiving the signal because the car runs, but ktuner just shows 0.
KTuner
Site Admin

Re: ktuner not reading MAF values

Post by KTuner »

MAF is only an item logged with our OBD units. The R1 system is meant to be run in speed density mode and that does not cause limp. That also shouldn't affect cruise control.
Ngadhnjim

Post by Ngadhnjim »

okay that answers my question about the MAF sensor values. But something is still wrong with the cruise control. i can toggle it on and off, it just wont set the speed. Any suggestions? Since the auto ecu and manual ecu have the same pinouts for cruise control?

Maybe they work in a different way? not sure...
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

We change nothing. 06-07 codebase is 06-07 codebase for use on those ECUs and vehicles.
BigRed

Post by BigRed »

I'll Second the cruise issue.

I'll start by saying a bone stock car hard to believe, but nonetheless true (2007 accord 2.4 manual); only installed the ECU and I have lost cruise as well. Light comes on to enable but will not set. I confirmed the correct base code K24A8 06-07 Accord DBW (Factor RAD DBW MT) for my HA Ktuner ECU (although the ECU is for an automatic which shouldn't make a difference with rev1 and Bluetooth. Not my first rodeo with ECM swaps (former EFIlive junky on LS platforms). No codes, I unlocked and used my Autel IM608 II to program VIN and reenabled license and locked ktuner to that VIN, reprogrammed the IMMO for my keys as well as copying over cluster info. Everything operates perfectly, Bluetooth to tablet for data works great, drives great, except no cruise. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

V/r,

BigRed
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

If you're MT you should have gotten an MT ECU.
BigRed

Post by BigRed »

Well that sucks,

Searching posts here stated there was no difference between them for the end user for manual or auto for cruise, only if you count on IMT or lock out. I ordered the manual version, hopefully HA motorsports can send me the right one. If not, at least I have the right one for a 6spd with Rev Lock out. I'll dig into the service manual and read up on the inputs it needs.

BigRed
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

That sounds like you're talking about information for the Base RSX ECUs. Hopefully the MT ECU gets you going! Be sure to unlock from the current ECU and program the new one before you lock to it.
BigRed

Post by BigRed »

I talked to a person at HA Motorsports, they explained that they use the automatic ECU's because it works with both transmissions. Mine is an A59, so according to info here, they (HA motorsports) are running with it as well. So I'm curious if I can uncheck the Rev lock box and maybe it would enable the input it needs based on the base flash. Still looking in the service manual info to see what I'm missing to enable, again, cruise is not critical to this build, just trying to keep all systems functional for my piece of mind.

Your site says this: (may need to change)
Automatic:
37820-RAD-A55 through A59
37820-RAD-A81 through A83
37820-RAD-L55 through L59
37820-RAD-L81 through L83

"Automatic ECUs will run a manual vehicle with no issues"

**Talking to HA as well, I want to rule out settings in ktuner for that Rev lock output to see if honda have repurposed that pinout for an input of a permissive to set the cruise. I'll report back once I get some shop time this weekend! I like a challenge, and if it helps both parties, I'm game;)
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

Often times it's the hardware differences that cause something like this. The AT has hardware the MT doesn't have and vice versa. Keep me posted!

Return to “06-07 Accord Specific”