Knock and Misfire

vuster24

Knock and Misfire

Post by vuster24 »

I'm brand new to Tuning. I have a KtunerV2.

I have flashed multiple of the included tunes for my Type R as well gone back to factory and recorded the logs on a few runs. Every single run I've done, all the knock metrics don't show up at all. They all stay at 0, never changes which doesn't seem right, is there a setting that I'm missing? Second is that I noticed I got some misfires on every tune and even after I flashed back to factory I still got misfires on all 4 cylinders. My only mod currently is PRL HVI and nothing else. Are these readings concerning? Is there any other data I should be looking at? Is this unsafe? any ideas? Definitely concerned misfires are showing up on factory map.
KTuner
Site Admin

Re: Knock and Misfire

Post by KTuner »

The Type-R does not have Knock Control or Knock Retard as a logging item.

In the KTuner software you can see in the datalist that the only real items to monitor as the misfire counts. You'll always see some as the ECU picks up noise. A large count would be an indication of an issue.
vuster24

Post by vuster24 »

Got it so what would be consider a "large" count of misfires? and would it be total misfires or per cylinder.
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

Hundreds in a very short period. Per cylinder would give you an indication of which cylinder.

Return to “17-21 Civic Type-R FK8”