Base map tuning

jpierro79

Base map tuning

Post by jpierro79 »

Other than adjusting MAF scaling I can not see another way to adjust base map. Is there something I am missing? I am asking cause I installed a mishimoto intercooler and under light throttle blips i can tell its off just a bit. More than likeoly due to the size of the intercooler being almost triple the size of stock. I am not really having a drivability issue per say but the way I tune I make my cars as close to factory driveability as possible.Ive tuned with other types of software besides ktuner. I would understand why at this juncture you might not have it released cause there are not too many significant upgrade. If you have a beta version with any other adjustments not released yet id love to try it as well.
KTuner
Site Admin

Re: Base map tuning

Post by KTuner »

There are some settings on the left and tuning maps in the tuning map drop down list, found at the top left of a tuning map.
jpierro79

Post by jpierro79 »

I know about those. I built my tune off your downpipe tune to save time. I’m having a strange issue though. I’m occasion having timing change under load right around 4500-4700 rpm. It doesn’t always happen and I’ve data logged it 3 times and zero knock of any kind. It literally happens for 2-3 frames in the data log. No knock retard request either. I Suspect that it’s switching timing charts but I have no way of knowing which one. If you could explain the conditions under which chart are used it would be beneficial. I seen the short description in the other post but it’s not exactly clear as to how the ecu chooses.
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

Knock Control and thusly Knock Retard are not used logging items on the Bosch ECUs. You'll never see a value there.
jpierro79

Post by jpierro79 »

it doesnt show up on the ktuner either where am i supposed to find it.No matter what knock monitor I use whether its checking for actual knock or for activation of knock retartd there are Zero indications of knock. Is there any reading for knock that does work.? I mean other people tuning have to find it somehow.

Also knock count read 0 everytime as well
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

As I just mentioned neither of those items are supported by the Bosch ECU so you'll never see a value there.
jpierro79

Post by jpierro79 »

You said knock control and knock retard I said knock count. So your saying there no way fir anyone to see knock. That’s basically what your saying.
LilToTo17

Post by LilToTo17 »

Knock Count doesn't really matter for these platforms. Pay attention to Knock Control.
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

The Bosch ECU does not utilize these Honda logging items.
jpierro79

Post by jpierro79 »

So how is a tuner supposed to know if it’s pulling timing for engine protection or switching ignition charts if there’s no way to see knock? If there is a way to see knock what do you monitor and when?

Return to “17-21 Civic Type-R FK8”