Uploading a tune to Ktuner Flash

bquackenbush

Uploading a tune to Ktuner Flash

Post by bquackenbush »

From what I've been able to figure out, it seems like you need to have the KTunerFlash plugged into the car in order to save a tune to the tune slot selection using the TunerView app. Is there a way to save one of the tunes to a tune slot without the KTunerFlash being plugged into the car? For example, I can open the tunes available for my car in the KTuner PC software and can connect the KTunerFlash to it with a USB cable. But, I can't see a way to save one of those tunes to a tune slot because the KTunerFlash isn't plugged into the car.

Unless I'm missing something, this would be a nice feature...especially since I'm always worried about running my battery out when I'm using the flash function in the app while the car is turned on in accessory mode.
KTuner
Site Admin

Re: Uploading a tune to Ktuner Flash

Post by KTuner »

You can upload tunes to the tuning slots on a unit that's already been locked to a vehicle at any time, with or without the vehicle, so I'm unsure what you mean.

TunerView is not involved in the process of tune creation or uploading tunes to a tuning slot.

There's a clear warning in the software when flashing or uploading tunes about using a battery charger on the vehicle.

Return to “KTunerFlash V1.2 Specific Questions”