noob ? on BT & using TunerView

aixelsyd

noob ? on BT & using TunerView

Post by aixelsyd »

Heya all quick question from a noob here. Just got my KTuner v1.2 last week & finally had time to setup the account & lock the unit to my car. All went smooth with doing my first flash after making some modification to a bunch of the DBW stuff, VCM off, shift settings....etc. And I must say on that note Great product and setup you folks have made for us. World of difference in how the car drives compared to stock software/setup. Now to get some of the parts I have on hand installed to take full advantage of KTuner....lol, which leads me to my question.

1: obviously Ktuner needs to be plugged into the ECU for TunerView to function, or keeping any logging for review. However on that note is it okay to leave the KTuner plugged in all the time or should it be unplugged when not driving. Reason being is I didn't know if the KTuner has power to it when the car is off and plugged into the ECU. If it does stay plugged in will that do any harm to the unit over the long term of owning it. And also if it is staying plugged in and drawing power and say someone forgot it & went on vacation for 2 wks would I come back to a dead battery.

2: Can Ktuner be directly paired via BT to a Smartphone or Tablet for monitoring. Or does it require the Hondahack to be done to the car head unit for root access so the software can be installed to be able to use TunerView. I ask do to the fact I've got more smartphones & tablets around then I know what to do it many collecting dust and would be perfect for this as I'd rather not have to root the car head unit if I don't have to.

Thanks in advance for the help/input. Peace!!!
KTuner
Site Admin

Re: noob ? on BT & using TunerView

Post by KTuner »

Glad you're enjoying!

It does have a low power sleep mode and will wake again when the vehicle receives power. You can see the LED will go out after two minutes of the vehicle being completely off. If it's for weeks you may want to unplug any accessories including this one, as it is still a small draw.

The TunerView Android app is available on the play store for a multitude of devices. Information and tutorials for using the app can be found in the online help.

Return to “KTunerFlash V1.2 Specific Questions”