Trying to return to Factory before Dealer Visit, errors and says locked to different ECU.

rnewman19

Trying to return to Factory before Dealer Visit, errors and says locked to different ECU.

Post by rnewman19 »

I need to reflash to Factory before a service visit today at Honda Dealer and it errors out and says the unit is locked to a different ECU. It is the same car and although I did have a wheel and tire run into my front end and necessitate repairs, I do not believe they replaced the ECU. Is taking the car in with a Modified 21 PSI Flash going to invalidate my Certified Pre-owned Warranty? If the VIN is the same and the ECU was changed, can K-Tuner relock it to my new ECU?
KTuner
Site Admin

Re: Trying to return to Factory before Dealer Visit, errors and says locked to different ECU.

Post by KTuner »

If it's the same ECU ensure you've plugged it in properly and key on fully. You can even plug it in with the key on. Ensure it's flashing to show it's communicating with the ECU.
rnewman19

Re: Trying to return to Factory before Dealer Visit, errors and says locked to different ECU.

Post by rnewman19 »

It is communicating. It has me recycle the power and then comes back and says it is the wrong ecu. When in reading mode, it is displaying the data, showing the rpm,s, etc all correctly. I tell it to return to factory and it then asks me to turn off the ignition, wait a few seconds, turn it back on and then hit OK. Then it goes to “Authorizing” mode and then errors, saying it is not the ECU that the device is locked to.
rnewman19

Post by rnewman19 »

How can I make sure they didn’t change out the computer when they did the front end repair. If the ECU was changed would it still sync to the Device, and work with TunerView Lite, which I use every day to augment my Dash data?
rnewman19

Post by rnewman19 »

I have verified that the ECU code matches the saved Factory abd modified flashes. And Ktuner lite and the Windows K-Tuber connect and log perfectly.
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

The unit can be used to connect to any CAN bus Honda/Acura ECU with TunerView Lite or KTuner software for diagnosis, as stated right on the products page.

As I mentioned try plugging the unit in with the vehicle already turned fully on, engine not running.

I imagine if they replaced it you'd have that on the receipt from the work completed. If it is a different ECU you can email to arrange to purchase a new license for the unit.
rnewman19

Post by rnewman19 »

I tried connecting with it turned on but not running and have verified that the numbers on the ECU are the same as all my flashes but it is still erroring. I have reviewed the invoices abd the ECU was not replaced and the numbers match all flashes and factory settings.
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

If the ECU was the same and you've previously flashed you would be able to flash now. You haven't flashed since they did the work previously?
rnewman19

Post by rnewman19 »

I have flashed the ECU many times and have verified all the ECU serial numbers or whatever they are called. They all mAtch those displayed in the Software. The ECU was not changed yet I cannot flash it now, period. I now am having trouble with my steering and need to have it serviced. During the oil change, they did not detect the customs tune or at least, did not say anything.
As I have electric steering, not hydraulic, I fear that the flash could become an issue during their diagnostic session troubleshooting my steering. I believe there may be settings that are adjustable in Ktuner that affect steering g and could call into question the computer flAsh in isolAting the steering problem?
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

Actually, there's no way to verify it's the same ECU just by the sticker on the outside, but again if you can see real-time data and the ECU is the same as what it's locked to you'd be able to flash it. You can plug it in with the key already on and verify the unit is blinking to show communication.

No, we don't alter the power steering module.

Return to “KTunerFlash V1.2 Specific Questions”