Knock control 1.05 seems high. Please help

Jobrien30

Knock control 1.05 seems high. Please help

Post by Jobrien30 »

Hi I have a 2021 Honda Accord Sport 2.0T. My only mods are Ktuner v1.2 (with tablet using tunerview app), and an AEM Cold Air Intake. I have about 17k miles on the car right now. I've also used Phearable stage 3 as well as Ktuner stage 2. everything else is stock. Just wanted to also point out i'm relatively new to tuning cars so my apologies in advance if I'm asking dumb questions. Also yes, I'm always using 93 oct, its the highest I have here in CT.

My issue is whenever I flash a tune, (both stage 2 and 3) the Knock control is always at 0.59. If im driving normally it won't go up too much but as soon as I start doing pulls it ramps up to about 0.88 (or around that range) which seems very high to me as I've heard don't let it go over 0.70
If i continue to do pulls it will keep increasing until i drive normally again which takes a very long time to go back down to normal levels. the highest value i've seen was 1.05 which has to be a problem right?
I always fill up with 93 nothing less ever, I dont use octane boosters never have, and I unfortunately dont have easy access to e85 which has also been a common suggestion. This happens both on Ktuner stage 2 as well as Phearable stage 3. I've checked for boost leaks I couldn't find any. I have heard that its normal for the knock control to increase when doing pulls but surely it can't be normal for it do be so high right? Does anybody else have a similar issue or know what could be going on? I'm just worried i'm damaging my motor.

Thank you in advance for your help I greatly appreciate it.
KTuner
Site Admin

Re: Knock control 1.05 seems high. Please help

Post by KTuner »

Either your fuel question and environmental factors are calling for that level of intervention or your intake changes the MAF housing size and is throwing fueling off.
Jobrien30

Post by Jobrien30 »

KTuner wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 8:28 pm Either your fuel question and environmental factors are calling for that level of intervention or your intake changes the MAF housing size and is throwing fueling off.
Thanks for the reply,
I thought this may be the issue but the AEM intake works with no other mods or tuning necessary and i believe the same size maf housing as factory, this also started a while after I installed the intake. However if this is the case, is there anyway I can change the settings on my tune to account for the different size? Also what should my STFTB1 and LTFTB1 be around? Maybe this has something to do with it?

Thank you again for the reply
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

You can have a tuner calibrate for the intake. Having an intake that claims "No mods required" can just mean the ECU will try to correct via fuel trims without throwing a code. It doesn't mean it's not the problem.
Jobrien30

Post by Jobrien30 »

okay thanks I appreciate it
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

No problem

Return to “18+ Accord Specific”