Boost drop suddenly

Furious

Boost drop suddenly

Post by Furious »

Hi KTuner,
friend of my has Accord 2.0T AT, TypeR turbo, bigger IC, KTuner V2.
We have uploaded default stage2 tune, recorded some logs and some questions arose.
1. 3rd gear, TC Target is 19.4psi, TC Press 18psi, but just after 5400rpm TC Press drops suddenly to 13psi.
2. 5rd gear, TC Target is 19.7psi, TC Press 19.5psi, but just after 4400rpm TC Press drops suddenly to 15psi.
3. I can not fully understand how is the TC Target calculated as in "Boost Target - Normal" I see target of 22.5psi (3500-5000rpm), but TC Target is reaching maximum of 20psi

I can not find a reason of that behavior in the log files, could you please help?
Thank you,
Furious

Here are the log files: (the board attachment quota has been reached)
https://we.tl/t-kGdsbwjg6Y
KTuner
Site Admin

Re: Boost drop suddenly

Post by KTuner »

There are quite a few things that go into to the target based on environmental factors. If you're not even reaching target you have other issues.
Furious

Post by Furious »

What do you mean by other issues? Leak? Westgate issue?
Have you got a chance to look into attached logs?
Regards,
Furious
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

If you're not able to reach the targeted boost level, or maintain it, you probably have a mechanical issue. That can be a leak as well. You should be working with a tuner at this point, since you have a custom setup. They should be able to help you narrow it down. I hope you get it figured out!
Furious

Post by Furious »

KTuner thank you for the help provided so far.
Should the leak not be visible in the logs at the Waste Gate position/target? Which EWG value means waste gate fully closed, higher or lower one?

Return to “18+ Accord Specific”