Factory tune vs factory boost targets in Eco Mode

Mb1973

Factory tune vs factory boost targets in Eco Mode

Post by Mb1973 »

Hello,

What is the difference between the factory tune for an Accord 2.0t and the base tune in Eco Mode for the Stage 2.0 Dual Tune?

Thanks,

Mb1973
KTuner
Site Admin

Re: Factory tune vs factory boost targets in Eco Mode

Post by KTuner »

One is a factory starting point and one is a tune with factory boost targets in ECO mode, as described.
Mb1973

Post by Mb1973 »

Thanks for the response. Can you elaborate a bit more on what your tune with factory boost settings improves over the factory tune? Improved hp, mpg, smoothness, shift points on AT, etc? I'm assuming there's a reason you didn't use the factory tune as the base for your dual tune.

Thanks,

Mb1973
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

The tunes are described on the vehicle's application page.
Mb1973

Post by Mb1973 »

Stage 1 and stage 2 are described on the applications page. I don't see anything described on the base tune used in Stage 2.0
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

2.0 is described between 2 and 2.1 on the page.
Mb1973

Post by Mb1973 »

Nearly all of the information between 2 and 2.1 is the same information as every other tune listed on the applications page, which is:

Improved throttle response
Removed throttle dampening on low end, better performance off the line
Reduced turbo lag
Improved low-end and midrange torque

The only unique info that pertains to the base tune in Stage 2.0 is: Factory Boost targets in ECO mode

If I am using Stage 2.0, and my car is in ECO mode, what are the differences between the stock Honda tune and the base tune. Is literally the only difference:

Improved throttle response
Removed throttle dampening on low end, better performance off the line
Reduced turbo lag

or is the base tune optimizing other fuel/timing parameters while keeping factory boost levels?
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

It's a tune. It's not factory. It uses factory boost targets in ECO mode within the tune. That's why it's labeled as a tune with factory boost targets in ECO mode and not a factory tune when in ECO mode. Hopefully that clears you up. We're not going to give you proprietary information on individual changes.
Mb1973

Post by Mb1973 »

Nothing you have said has cleared anything up, and you still haven't answered my question. I never said your Stage 2.0 tune in Eco mode was the same as the factory tune. I'm asking whether Stage 2.0 in Eco mode is functionally equivalent to the Honda factory tune. If they aren't functionally equivalent, what does Stage 2.0 in Eco mode do better? You post specs and dyno charts showing the benefits of Stage 1 and Stage 2 over the Honda factory tune. You don't publish anything for Stage 2.0 tune in Eco mode. I'm not looking for any proprietary information on anything you do. I'm only asking if there are any benefits to Stage 2.0 in Eco mode over the plain old Honda factory tune. If there isn't, great. I just want to have a better idea of what I'm going to be running on my car.
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

Yes, a tune will always have benefits over the factory tune. Public changes are outlined right on the page, as previously discussed. Proprietary ones won't be shared here. There's not much else to say at this point. It's repetitive.

Return to “18+ Accord Specific”