Noob question

dbean1986

Noob question

Post by dbean1986 »

So, it's probably been asked but.... I don't have to worry about the boost by gear settings where I have a 10at? I'm really just starting to mess with it and noticed stage 1 boost by gear graph says 25 for every gear through the whole rpm range. Does it even matter where it's a 10at? Or should I set the quick settings to factory instead of custom? 25 psi? Seems aggressive.
KTuner
Site Admin

Re: Noob question

Post by KTuner »

We don't setup BBG by default. If you see the boost by gear section in the help it explains how it works if you'd like to use it or need a better understanding.
dbean1986

Post by dbean1986 »

See I'm reading that it comes enabled. Why would the graph be saying 25 if it isn't set to that? I didn't change anything and no I don't want to use it. I'm not a tuner. And I've read all the help pages on bbg. Most of it is pretty vague for someone who isn't a tuner.
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

Well, we make the software and told you that it's not in the previous post. It was also explained on your facebook post, which wasn't necessary to make since you're already engaged with us here.

These tables are not setup to have any bearing on the included tunes by default. Boost By Gear LIMIT tables LIMIT the boost targets. There has to be a default value in the table. The default value in your case, which you are so fixated on, has no bearing on the included tunes for your vehicle because it's too high of a value. None of the included tunes target boost that high, so it's not limiting anything. i.e. the tables are not setup to do anything.

Return to “18+ Accord Specific”