2.0T Sudden Performance Drop

derell

2.0T Sudden Performance Drop

Post by derell »

I have been running my 19 Accord Touring 2.0T with the Stage 2 Dual Tune for about 2 months. The improvement in performance, even just for daily driving around town, has been great. I never plan to go back to a stock tune. About a week ago, I noticed the car suddenly felt much closer to stock, with far less low-end torque, more sluggish throttle response, etc. The AT also has seemed kind of lost. I'm wondering if I either got a bad tank of gas (I have been using only 93 since getting the KTuner) or if the maintenance minder (which says I'm almost due for an A1 service) is pulling back the timing. So, two questions: 1) has anyone else experienced something like this? 2) is there any way to tell from the KTuner app if the car is pulling back timing for some reason? Sorry if these are obvious questions - I know very little about engine tuning and did some searching for this topic but couldn't find anything. Thanks for any info.
KTuner
Site Admin

Re: 2.0T Sudden Performance Drop

Post by KTuner »

You can certainly look at knock control and other parameters to see if it's running optimally. If it's hot out that will certainly lower your output potential.

Return to “18+ Accord Specific”