Hey guys
First post here.

2018 Honda Accord 2.0T 6MT 36k miles only 93octane
-prl downpipe and frontpipe
-dc sports exhaust
-prl hvi
-ktuner w/phearable stage 3 tune
-mishimoto catch can

Had the stage 3 tune for a week, car felt amazing after a couple of WOT pulls here and there. A week later, a 5.0 wanted to play I thought why not. After the race, went home and all of a sudden I could hear my turbo spooling super loud, almost like it’s taking in a lot of air. Didn’t think much of it then a couple of days later decided to log it. WOT 5 gear, turbo spooling crazy loud and the car bogged, went into 6 gear and now I’m worried. The loud spooling isn’t normal.
Here’s a couple of images. I didn’t know how to record it. Looks like I’m misfiring based off of the images but is there anything else I should be worried about? What’s causing the turbo to spool so loud that it sounds like an airplane?

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/2sri8381mbt9 ... ZZ5Da?dl=0
KTuner
Site Admin

Re: LOUD SPOOLS

Post by KTuner »

Two things. Check that you don't have a boost leak.

Check that the intake is still properly installed, as we've seen a large number of them come loose.

You're on a tune that's not ours and this is not an issue having to do with our product in any way. Hope you find it!
Cv2

Post by Cv2 »

Yeah I switched back to ktuner stage 2 and the loud spool is still there. Intake is still in tacked and clamps are good. Where else could the leak come from? It wouldn’t be anywhere past the turbo correct?
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

It could be anywhere in the piping.

The screws for the lid on the intake specifically come loose, too.
Cv2

Post by Cv2 »

I’ll have to take everything out again and check. Maybe the charge pipe but I have never touched that thing.
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

If it was loose they tend to pop off eventually.

Return to “18+ Accord Specific”