Dual Tune Question

Speedemon69

Dual Tune Question

Post by Speedemon69 »

Is the “ Factory boost targets in ECO mode” mean that ECO mode behaves more like Regular mode? Or still just as sluggish?
KTuner
Site Admin

Re: Dual Tune Question

Post by KTuner »

Means it targets factory boost levels in ECO mode.
Speedemon69

Post by Speedemon69 »

So the same boost levels as eco mode normally targets? No improvements to ECO MODE at all?
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

From the factory ECO does not lower boost targets. With the dual tune it will target factory targets without the limitations, so yes, it will still be better than factory when you're on it. Other quick adjustments also apply globally.
svtgt

Post by svtgt »

So I just want to clarify, in ECO stock mode, I believe the ignition timing is also reduced in order to save gas. So with Ktuner stage 2.1, will the ignition timings also match the stock ECO mode or will they match the regular mode, I know boost levels will change between the both.

Also are we able to adjust ignition timings between ECO and Regular mode? (i.e. if i want to keep the timing levels the same but keep boost differences). I know I can see the Boost ECO and Boost Normal tuning chart. I was initially thinking the H/L in the ignition chart is the high boost (reg boost) and low boost (eco mode) but I think that's cam level? Can you clarify?
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

That's not correct.

L/H is cam, as explained in the help.
svtgt

Post by svtgt »

Yes thats what I read and realized later on. Thank you for clarifying that.

So my original question 1. Ignition timings vary between eco and normal mode in stock tune, is that correct? 2. Does ktuner flashing remove the differences i.e. keep eco boost mode and regular boost level ignition timings the same 3. Can we adjust those timings for the 2 modes (eco and normal)?
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

I answered that already as the first answer.
svtgt

Post by svtgt »

KTuner wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 3:02 pm From the factory ECO does not lower boost targets. With the dual tune it will target factory targets without the limitations, so yes, it will still be better than factory when you're on it. Other quick adjustments also apply globally.
Thanks Ktuner, sorry about that. I guess this the answer! Thank you again for the help!
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

No problem. Hope you're enjoying!

Return to “18+ Accord Specific”