Knocks?

Rupps

Knocks?

Post by Rupps »

i have a 6mt sport with stage 2 tune and ive started to notice that when driving in maybe 3rd and 4th gear when i let off of the gas and the revs drop to about 2700-3000 rpm and then i will try to press the gas peddle again there is like a lag or hesitation that happens before there is any response( i can feel the hesitation and then i can feel it kick in) and causes knock count to go up by like 5-8 every time. i was wondering if anyone knows what im talking about or if y'all can say why its doing that.
KTuner
Site Admin

Re: Knocks?

Post by KTuner »

Knock control is the more important item to watch on these platforms. 5-8 knock count is not a relevant threshold for concern.

The hesitation you feel at slight throttle open is a default in Honda's throttle tuning. We have throttle response quick adjustments that help with this. It seems to happen at very very slight throttle opening.
Rupps

Post by Rupps »

Ok yea it definitely is when I slightly press on the gas so i will definitely try to change the throttle response and see if that helps. Thanks for tips and response!
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

No problem. Let me know. We own the same vehicle, so have done quite a bit of testing with it.

Return to “18+ Accord Specific”