K&N CAI

grngt50

K&N CAI

Post by grngt50 »

Hello!

I am currently running Stage 2 tune on my 2019 Accord 2.0 auto trans and like the added sound provided by a cold air kit. Will adding this particular CAI from K&N require additional tuning? Does anyone have any first hand experience with this combo? Thanks!

-J
KTuner
Site Admin

Re: K&N CAI

Post by KTuner »

You can check your STFT and LTFT in the software to see if the intake is throwing fueling off. If so you may want to reach out to a tuner!
grngt50

Post by grngt50 »

Thank you for the quick response. I’ll take a baseline with the stock airbox and move forward from there. I will post my findings in case anyone is curious. For reference, is there a specific set of parameters or threshold that is considered safe when referring to LTFT and STFT values? Thanks!
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

+/- 5% is ideal. +/- 10% is generally a range you'd like to stay within. Fuel can also play a roll here so a stock baseline is a great idea. The ECU does allow for more, but it can cause issues to be off that far when open loop is involved where these trims aren't used.
grngt50

Post by grngt50 »

Thank you for the values as a point of reference. Am I correct in thinking that open loop operation occurs under WOT conditions? I am brand new to ECU tuning so I’m still trying to conceptualize operations while learning the terminology. Thanks!
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

Generally, yes.
NSL94

Post by NSL94 »

@grngt50 I also just purchased a K&N CAI for my Accord with a Stage 2 tune. I haven't installed it yet but I know when I asked @Ktuner they mentioned to ensure I have the proper MAF housing and to keep an eye on the fuel (LTFT and STFT as mentioned above).

How has it been since you installed the CAI? Any problems or significant changes you've seen? I'm really new to car stuff so I just want to make sure I do this right.

Any information would be appreciated!
LulzChicken

Post by LulzChicken »

I just installed a K&N CAI and I love the louder turbo sounds/blowoff valve. Very noticable and is a great touch. I am now thinking of buying KTuner. I don't see the need to worry much, the ECU will adjust properly right? Even while running a tune and aftermarket CAI. Obviously I should use 91 octane for best results. What does proper MAF housing mean? I'm using the stock MAF sensor and K&N's intake listed below:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07HR ... UTF8&psc=1
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

Many intakes change the size of the housing where the MAF is installed. This throws fueling off and will require a tune to run properly. The ECU can only correct so much so it can lead to issues.
svtgt

Post by svtgt »

I also have a k&n intake when looking at stft and left we only look at sensor 1/bank1 right, in ktuner it has a sensor 2/bank2 with stft/ltft values but we shouldn't use that right?

Also one more question so with ltft I normally see positive 3 which probably make sense cause I'm taking in more air so more fuel is being added too? But what should a typical afr be at wot? I'm seeing abt 10.9-11.2 on stage 1 is that abt right?

Return to “18+ Accord Specific”