CMBS Problem while using ACC

zhahn_92

CMBS Problem while using ACC

Post by zhahn_92 »

I currently have a 19 Accord Sport 10 AT. I work for a Honda dealer here in Ohio and we offer Ktuner products as well as others. I purchased a reflash for my accord around July. After flashing the vehicle, every time I use my ACC, within minutes it will shut off and come up "Collision Mitigation Braking System Problem. See your Dealer." Honda currently has had a service bulletin out for this concern for the Accords 1.5 and 2.0. After performing the PGMFI update for my vehicle I have no concerns with the ACC after that. I have not flashed the vehicle for about 3 months hoping Ktuner might update on their end for Hondas new PGMFI software updates. As of today I flashed the vehicle once more and shortly after using the ACC again the same problem occurs. I would love to continue using their product, but would also like to use my factory equipment as well. Is Ktuner aware of the issues? Any plans to fix the problem?

I would happy to send over any Service Bulletin information. "The board attachment quota has been reached" so I cannot attach files.
Service Bulletin: 19-051
KTuner
Site Admin

Re: CMBS Problem while using ACC

Post by KTuner »

I can certainly look into it, but we own the vehicle and have no issues with ACC. I wonder if rather than replace whatever is wrong with the hardware they're trying to loosen up errors in software first. It says the ECU is cancelling when it sees conflicting commands, which means their other module is generating those commands.
zhahn_92

Post by zhahn_92 »

I appreciate the quick response. We have been scratching our heads at this for awhile. I was curious if you have experienced or heard of the concern. Looking into other repairs as well to start.
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

I'll see what I can find out about the software changes, as I have seen a few folks post about this in the facebook groups. This is the first I've heard of someone having the issue while tuning.
RTracey

Post by RTracey »

I just had the KTuner professionally installed on my 2018 Accord Touring 2.0 last week. The next day I had two CMBS/ACC failures, both cleared by shutting off and restarting the vehicle.
RTracey

Post by RTracey »

zhahn_92 wrote:I currently have a 19 Accord Sport 10 AT. I work for a Honda dealer here in Ohio and we offer Ktuner products as well as others. I purchased a reflash for my accord around July. After flashing the vehicle, every time I use my ACC, within minutes it will shut off and come up "Collision Mitigation Braking System Problem. See your Dealer." Honda currently has had a service bulletin out for this concern for the Accords 1.5 and 2.0. After performing the PGMFI update for my vehicle I have no concerns with the ACC after that. I have not flashed the vehicle for about 3 months hoping Ktuner might update on their end for Hondas new PGMFI software updates. As of today I flashed the vehicle once more and shortly after using the ACC again the same problem occurs. I would love to continue using their product, but would also like to use my factory equipment as well. Is Ktuner aware of the issues? Any plans to fix the problem?

I would happy to send over any Service Bulletin information. "The board attachment quota has been reached" so I cannot attach files.
Service Bulletin: 19-051
@zhahn_92, are you saying that flashing the vehicle erased the ACC/CMBS update that the Honda TSB calls for? Thanks.
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

These changes are incorporated in the next release of the software, as testers have reported "Good".
RTracey

Post by RTracey »

KTuner wrote:These changes are incorporated in the next release of the software, as testers have reported "Good".
When will be the next release? You're referring to the software downloaded from the website to operate the KTuner module, correct? (Sorry for the dumb question, bit of a newb at this). Thanks.
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

As soon as its ready it will be posted to the website and the version history will be updated.
haydent93

Post by haydent93 »

I have this same issue was there ever a fix for this because if not I would like to just return my KTuner because I use the adaptive cruise control everyday.

Return to “18+ Accord Specific”