Accord 2.0 Knock KCon/Kcount Clarification

singular9

Accord 2.0 Knock KCon/Kcount Clarification

Post by singular9 »

Hey everyone. I tried googling this, but it seems everyone is just guessing instead of asking the questions directly.
I know what kcon/kcount is, I do not know what is "normal"/"healthy".

I have:
2022 Accord 2.0
Fully stock
93 Octane
Stage 2 dual tune w/ eco factory
1 hour normal driving: Kcount 2, Kcon 0.48
Pulls from 0: Kcount still 2, Kcon 0.54
Pulls from a roll: Kcount still 2, Kcon 0.50-0.51

So to the point, what is the "upper bound" of KControl? 1.0? 100.0? Is it a percentage, a number, degrees of timing? At what number should I consider doing more diagnostics?
KTuner
Site Admin

Re: Accord 2.0 Knock KCon/Kcount Clarification

Post by KTuner »

As described in the help for ignition timing it's a multiplier against the knock retard tables that when multiplied together depicts the amount of knock retard applied. It will vary based on fuel quality and other environmental conditions. It can help you determine if you have a bad batch of gas or potential issues by being far off of what you normally see as a standard value for your fuel and conditions. .5 is 50% of the retard value calculated from those tables. 0-2 is the full range of multiplication, though bottom and top can be limited on some applications.
singular9

Post by singular9 »

KTuner wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2023 10:37 pm As described in the help for ignition timing it's a multiplier against the knock retard tables that when multiplied together depicts the amount of knock retard applied. It will vary based on fuel quality and other environmental conditions. It can help you determine if you have a bad batch of gas or potential issues by being far off of what you normally see as a standard value for your fuel and conditions. .5 is 50% of the retard value calculated from those tables. 0-2 is the full range of multiplication, though bottom and top can be limited on some applications.
Okay, makes sense. So 0.5 and lower is pretty much normal operation from what I gather?
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

If that's what you normally see for your fuel and conditions then use that as your base.
singular9

Post by singular9 »

KTuner wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 2:56 pm If that's what you normally see for your fuel and conditions then use that as your base.
Okay, I see now.
Thanks for the input.
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

No problem
jg203306

Post by jg203306 »

Sorry to bring this back up, but I've noticed that my K Con gets up to the 90s now WoT whereas before I would only see upper 60s. I've always used BP 93 octane, and have switched to Sunoco (since they're "top tier" fuel) trying to get that number back down. I haven't changed anything else, so are there any other factors that could be causing this?
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

Fuel quality and environmental factors.

Return to “18+ Accord Specific”