Confused about enrichment tables and when car goes open loop

Weezox

Confused about enrichment tables and when car goes open loop

Post by Weezox »

Hello,

I just finished logging and tuning my MAF to correct for my Takeda intake pushing my STFTs and LTFTs pretty consistently rich (-10/15)

After this my next step was to log to make sure I was hitting the LAM.CMD tables under load with no rapid swings in trims or adverse driving in person.

I noticed that during almost all driving applications regardless of load that my commanded lambda was always 14.7 except where I am full 100% WOT, which it commands the 12.5/12.1 from the WOT enrichment (not cat heating) table.

However during these pulls my Fuel stat of 2 only every changes to 4 during deceleration. Even when the table is commanding a richer mixture. Is this normal for this application? How do I know where the crossover for the stoich target to move to enrichment table target is?

Thanks
KTuner
Site Admin

Re: Confused about enrichment tables and when car goes open loop

Post by KTuner »

It can be normal. If you see STFT changing while you're at WOT and status 2 then it's indeed in closed loop still. Not necessarily a bad thing.
Weezox

Post by Weezox »

Alright that’s more reassuring, although now I’m confused at why it uses some of the table sometimes and forces 14.7 sometimes even if there are values in the table for the RPM/load, is this just the ECU makes the choices on its own? Closed loop tuning makes my head spin lol.
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

WOT enrichment has it's own crossover parameters as well as some that aren't accessible as tables. You should have access to some of them in the software already.

Return to “15-20 TLX V6”