2015 intake/maf high flow cat downpipes

Bleskguy

2015 intake/maf high flow cat downpipes

Post by Bleskguy »

Hey,
I saw something like this on one of the other groups so I'm sorry if it's like a do-over. I'm getting a lien code bank one when I'm lightly on the throttle basically is when I notice it bring it on check engine lights and BS. It was after I added the AEM intake, I put in a top-of-the-line mass air flow sensor, I don't know if the factory came with the good enough O2 sensor to where it could help, or if there's something I can do on the tune itself to help mitigate this so that it'll be able to understand the levels as they are. I'm not a complete idiot just kind of a noob on this. If there's anywhere that you can suggest that I could learn more on this other than what I've been doing I've watching YouTube videos and stuff please let me know. Thanks
KTuner
Site Admin

Re: 2015 intake/maf high flow cat downpipes

Post by KTuner »

If your intake changes the MAF housing size vs factory it will throw fueling off and require a custom tune with proper MAF calibration to get fueling back to where it should be.
You should be using a factory MAF sensor, as there was no reason to change that. That's not the issue when it comes to intakes on MAF vehicles, it's the housing size and flow dynamics.
Bleskguy

Post by Bleskguy »

Thank You,
Is this something I can learn from studying how to tune using my ktuner 2.0
Or should I bring it to someone. I am a quick learner, I just don't know where to get some education on it
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

There is plenty of information out there about correcting a MAF curve. A professional is always a great choice as well.

Return to “TLX Platform”