Any idea if you'll be tuning for the Type-S?

L8SHIFT

Re: Any idea if you'll be tuning for the Type-S?

Post by L8SHIFT »

Checking in, my money is burning a hole in my pocket. If you need some on road testers I’m willing to drive from LA Cali… ;-)
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

Much appreciated.
L8SHIFT

Post by L8SHIFT »

Tired of random sedans, Kia’s and Hemi Dodges picking on the Type S. Any updates on your progress for a tune?
L8SHIFT

Post by L8SHIFT »

Well, I'm rocking the JB4 for now, let me know when you're ready to release your system and I will buy it too.....SMH
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

We will definitely list it if we make something available.
Ball654

Post by Ball654 »

Opinion on the JB4 then?
I’ll buy this also, please update me through email if anything is available or even in beta?
Please?
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

I've been watching how the market reacts to that device and it's been very interesting. Even compared to the Civic market when he tried to launch there.

They appear to have shown off one dyno right after getting the test vehicle in and started selling beta kits immediately. Sales sales sales. Capture the market. People seem to think because it worked on their BMW or Audi in some capacity that it's safe. We've been testing long term reliability of an actual tune where the ECU has proper control of all of the systems. It's a brand new engine setup we've never worked with before and we want to make sure it's solid. Just a very different strategy and approach to the market along with the people in it. If I only sell one unit, that's fine with me. We did it right.

On the logic side of things... the ECU makes a lot of decisions with reported data from the sensors, including shift pressures for the transmission. If tricking sensors to think they're seeing lower pressures and loads seems like a good idea to you, put in that context, that's a decision you can ultimately make for yourself.

We're really just hoping at this point that nobody is inflicting damage to their parts that might switch to our product later and blame us when they ultimately have an issue.
Ball654

Post by Ball654 »

No JB4 for me then, waiting on you still… ETA? Or should we give up hope?
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

We have opened beta testing, per our social media posts.
d.casicasi

Post by d.casicasi »

KTuner wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 6:44 pm We have opened beta testing, per our social media posts.
Hi guys, about this... Do you have the number of beta testers chosen ? I got a Type S myself and sent you guys an email but no response.

Return to “TLX Platform”