Post start/normal idle

eMT

Post start/normal idle

Post by eMT »

I recently deleted my iacv and installed a block off plate as well as adjusted the tps above .5. All the wiring was butted off and rewrapped, no issues, aswell as rerouted the evap hose due to my skunk2 tb not having the inlet port. The car started fine and everything was well, got some hiccups with the idle screw being too short aswell as managing my fuel cut settings. After I reflashed a couple of times in my great 20 degree weather I came across this new issue. Car completely turns off after 5 seconds. I logged it and saw no fuel cut and the car remained in post start. Each reflash I made today I charged my battery and made sure no funny business would happen but still have the same issue. I am completely lost in what would cause this especially after it all worked before and all of a sudden stopped/will turn off after 5 seconds of the car turned on. I have full access to my ktuner and car and will take any/every suggestion
KTuner
Site Admin

Re: Post start/normal idle

Post by KTuner »

If you got rid of the IACV there is no post start or normal idle. The ECU isn't idling the car at that point. It's just providing a set fuel and ignition with modifications for temperature. The rest is up to you.
eMT

Post by eMT »

Fixed. The comment did steer me in the right direction as I now knew that it was definitely electrical/software related. I ended up having to disable my maf, which I’ve done in the past and from what I remember I couldn’t even get the car started. Through t&e and your comment I then thought it would just be a silly disable as my data log showed nothing wrong with the tune/drive ability after it started up. Anyway, thank you for steering me in the right direction! Cheers
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

Excellent news. No problem!
eMT

Post by eMT »

By any chance would it be possible to add the iacv cel to the disables for the 03-05 accord platform? I noticed it’s available for a couple of others just not the 03-05. The code is p0511
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

The Type-S codebase has that option, as it's for swaps only. You can run that codebase on an Accord ECU if it's not an Accord with CAN dashboard.

Return to “03-05 Accord / Euro CL7 Specific”