How good is the basemap if I am completely stock? (SOLVED)

Teedohs

How good is the basemap if I am completely stock? (SOLVED)

Post by Teedohs »

Here is a thread I started in K20A.org
Hello Members!

Looking through the tuner database post, I could not find e-tuners for KTuner for a couple of reasons:

Turbogixxer - their site has a page that does not render at all for their tuning info. Very little info as well

tomzautotuning.com - this page is dead

I also found Vittuning.com, which was recommended by KTuner, but that page is also dead.

After hitting a few snags in trying to locate a reputable e-tuner, I turn here for assistance. Let me preface with the following:

This is for a 2003 Honda Accord EX-L. This car had a K24A4 engine, which I swapped out for a K24A engine. It is completely stock and has zero modifications but running a 6 speed manual transmission (TSX) instead of the original 5 speed the Accord came with. The intention here is to just have a stock daily commuter vehicle. I'm not looking for power gain's but more for a stock reliable performative vehicle. I have e RAD-A54 Accord socketed KTuner ECU. Because all I need is a stock map and not looking for anything more than what the manufacturer tunes the engine for, I'm interested in just an E-Tune.

When I say this vehicle is stock, I really mean stock. For example, I have (all from Honda Manufacturing):

Stock internals
Stock air box and filter and intake (plastic/rubber charge pipe)
Stock intake manifold
Stock throttle body from Accord (cable not DBW)
Stock exhaust manifold
Stock cat and exhaust
Power steering
A/C
Stock K24A injectors
Stock Accord fuel pump
No EVAP
Stock clutch and flywheel

In other words, everything designed by Honda for this engine is exactly what it has. The only aftermarket alteration is the socketed Accord ECU with KTuner.

Any recommendations on a tuner that can provide an E-Tune? I already have the KTuner TSX basemap loaded from KTuner but I am not certain if this is enough for my needs, which is just a daily driven vehicle to and from work and also to commute with my family. I'm looking for reliability above all.

I'm located in Central Florida.

Thanks!
Basically, I'd like to know if the basemap is good enough for my needs or if I still require an E-Tune. I know some vendors provide basemaps that are nearly identical to stock so I am wondering if it's the same here.
Last edited by Teedohs on Sat Oct 09, 2021 5:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KTuner
Site Admin

Re: How good is the basemap if I am completely stock?

Post by KTuner »

A K24a4 map is not designed for that engine. There's nearly a 40hp difference. Talk to Derek at Innovative Motorworks about e-tuning.
Teedohs

Post by Teedohs »

I didn't use a K24A4 map. I definitely understand the power/spec difference between the two. The basemap I was attempting to use was the TSX one you have in the software already.

Thanks for the reference. I'll reach out to Derek!
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

It's still not for that engine and that's just a basemap. Definitely recommend tuning!
Teedohs

Post by Teedohs »

Also, how do I export my kdlg (data log) files? When I try to save a recording, it doesn't let me. I just get a message that says "There are no more files"

I can see the automatic saves data log files, though. However, if I navigate to "C:\Program Files (x86)\KTuner", the kdlg files are not visible even with the option of showing hidden files enabled in Windows. How do I obtain a copy of the kdlg files?
Teedohs

Post by Teedohs »

KTuner wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 7:24 pm It's still not for that engine and that's just a basemap. Definitely recommend tuning!
Ok, understood. Thanks for the clarification. That should probably be renamed to properly identify that. Maybe something like (K24A2 ONLY not K24A). Just a thought and also, thanks a bunch for the quick responses! ;)
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

Save somewhere you have permission to do so.

Return to “03-05 Accord / Euro CL7 Specific”