Went manual swap and cant get vss to read at guage or ecu

K24allmotorbeast

Went manual swap and cant get vss to read at guage or ecu

Post by K24allmotorbeast »

Hello im doing this for a buddy of mine .i went ahead and built him a k24all motor k24 k20 setup and had it running really good with the auto tranny streetuned using end user on the auto RAD ecu ,so fast foward a year later and we finally have it running with a manual tranny and here comes my problem
The main issue is that vtec doesnt engage anymore ever since we went manual conversion. The main reason for this I believe it becuse I have no speed sensor. So in short i believe making the speed sensor cummunicate with the ecu will fix my issue. 05 accord trans btw

I know the vss consist of a 5v wire ,a ground ,and a signal wire to the ecu.
I have the vss sensor outputting from the center wire outputting to the ecu" A 18 " pin. And with the car running i can tap into that wire on the ecu and see that it gives voltage to the ecu anywhere from .09 to 4 volts depending on speed. But the ecu still doesn't say its getting a vss reading(via scanner live data) and neither does the cluster.

Can any one shed some light here my only thought after being at this for hours is that the 05 rad ecu doesnt get "input vss" on a18. ......
KTuner
Site Admin

Re: Went manual swap and cant get vss to read at guage or ec

Post by KTuner »

If you don't see VSS in the datalogging when moving, that's likely your issue. Be sure you've flashed the ECU with the MT codebase.
K24allmotorbeast

Hello thanks for the reply , ok so using RAD MANUAL. Basecode I have the same 0 vss reading dataloging

Can u confirm the ecu pin for "vss input " because right now i have it in pin a18. Also if u have a diagram of the accord vss plug would be great
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

The RAD has the same pinouts as the 05-06 RSX, with few changes, and also matches the 04-08 TSX as well. Both of those are easily sourced online.
K24allmotorbeast

Hello yes i have it pinned to a18 which is "nc counter shaft "
And if i poke this wire with mu multimeter i can see it moving arounf from 0-5 volts so I know the ecu is getting signal from speed sensor but why doesnt the ecu acknwolege anything at all ? Shouli change the settings on ktuner from 0 correction to a specified unit ?
Anyways thanks for coming back and replying really appreciate it
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

That's unfortunately not something we can help you diagnose, as it has nothing to do with our software or hardware. If everything is hooked up properly to the correct sensor type you'll see a speed. Several swap vehicles we have worked with have successfully used the RAD AT ECU with MT transmission and that's about all I can give you for confirmation that your setup should be successful.
K24allmotorbeast

Thanks ...i suppose

Return to “03-05 Accord / Euro CL7 Specific”