Base Throttle Setting, and Injector Settings

KTuner
Site Admin

Re: Base Throttle Setting, and Injector Settings

Post by KTuner »

You'd have codes for DBW if you loaded a DBW codebase.

Surging could be from not enough air passing, too much air passing, or the need to tune the fuel maps.
husseinholland

Post by husseinholland »

KTuner wrote:You'd have codes for DBW if you loaded a DBW codebase.
Surging could be from not enough air passing, too much air passing, or the need to tune the fuel maps.
I used the 03-05 Accord codebase indicated in my screenshot, which doesn't say DBW like the '06-on.

I'm obviously going to have to research further for the surge, just trying to determine if the surge is causing the AFR sweep, or the other way around :D

I don't have any codes for idle control (P0511), which were present before I fixed the TPS setup.

The other concern with that is that my motor is the K24A3 that has higher compression, full iVTEC on int/exh like the US K24a2, etc.

Maybe I should be using a different codebase altogether? I'm not familiar with Honda product to know which US product listed would have DBC AND the higher compression /iVTEC to use as a base, do you have a suggestion for that?

I'm concerned that the codebase for the accord won't be controlling the iVTEC properly?

I found these descriptions on HybridRacing, so the K24A2 seems a match, but has DBW which doesn't work for my setup:

KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

Controls it fine. Wouldn't affect idle anyway.

I've suggested and will continue to do so, time to tune it. Likely reason for surging, besides the others listed above.

I have no other advice to offer you about this setup. According to you there are no codes and the software is operational. The software/hardware was all I can help with and we are WAY beyond that in this thread already. Good luck with the setup!
husseinholland

Post by husseinholland »

KTuner wrote:Controls it fine. Wouldn't affect idle anyway.

I've suggested and will continue to do so, time to tune it. Likely reason for surging, besides the others listed above.

I have no other advice to offer you about this setup. According to you there are no codes and the software is operational. The software/hardware was all I can help with and we are WAY beyond that in this thread already. Good luck with the setup!
Thanks again for your input. I still can't see considering fine tuning when it won't start & run normally. No way Chris is going to put that on the dyno.

I revisited the (K-Tuned) throttle setup, based on your suggestions of possible causes. I was able to get the plate better centered in the bore & set to just a crack off closed to prevent the plate sticking when snapped shut. Reset the TPS so it registers 1% as soon as the plate moves off the stop.

https://youtu.be/leEfO6k4n38

Still runs poorly with the Accord base (high idle, rich AFR's), so I tried the custom tune base. The main trim is set at 8 for the 410cc injectors in this tune.

With that, AFR's are better, engine sounds better. Idle is still too high, so I removed the air inlet hose & closed off the IACV port. That dropped the idle to just under 1700, that's an improvement! There are no codes for IACV, so I'm assuming it's just stuck open.

KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

If a differently tuned fuel maps helped, the suggestion that it needs to be tuned really isn't a bad one. Hope you find your idle issue. I have no more suggestions to contribute to this thread, but you're welcome to post updates.
Linszter

Post by Linszter »

Short Term Fuel Trim is -19 on first picture and -25,7 on the second one. You should adjust the fuel.
husseinholland

Post by husseinholland »

Linszter wrote:Short Term Fuel Trim is -19 on first picture and -25,7 on the second one. You should adjust the fuel.
Thank you for your input. I'll look at that once I fix the IACV & resolve the high idle condition. Don't want to change any overall settings until I am able to actually run the motor to normal operating temp :)
husseinholland

Post by husseinholland »

Finally resolved several issues. The Cam Angle one was resolved by using the TSX map, and lowering the Cam Angle Limit to 20 (shows 24 in the TSX code, but with that, it still sets a P1009 code). There are no values over 20º in the TSX or Accord maps, so it seemed to make sense to lower it.

TSX values, lowered to 20 like Accord code after this:

Copied this map to the K24K20IHE base.

Still can't get the IACV to operate though. I've plugged the ports in the KTuned TB, and diasbled the P0511 in the software. I'll let CHris look at that, I can't see what else I can do to get the base idle. I've tried two different valves.

Tried the Accord base code one last time, and it runs like a bag of shit on that code base. AFR's really fat, lumpy throttle response, etc.

Runs cleanly on the K24K20IHE code, with the adjustments for lesser Cam Angle. Xenocron can fine tune the other maps optimized for the higher revving setup. I'm happy it's finally running without any codes now.
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

Moving in the right direction!

Return to “03-05 Accord / Euro CL7 Specific”