ECU Not Getting Power

SaucerClone

ECU Not Getting Power

Post by SaucerClone »

Hey guys, I'm at a bit of a loss right now as to why my end user ECU won't get power. Here's a timeline of everything related to this issue:

PART 1:
- the ecu settup without much issue, accepted a basemap, and was able to communicate with the sensors. it was even able to datalog my 2 start-up attempts

- I attempted to start the car, which would crank but not start. tested for power at the plugs and injectors and found that there was no power at the injectors.

- I began testing for power at the relay box, when I relized that the pump would no longer prime even when a valid connection was made and the ignition was on. it used to prime the pump, so something had changed

- I checked the ECU to find the LEDs were no longer on, and when pluged into the laptop, gave the no connection status LEDs (solid red/blinking green)

- I realized that the tune I was using still had the immobilizer on, which would explain quite a bit, but without power to the ECU, I wasn't able to test this change

- As one final test, I ran the car on the factory 04 ECU, which had no issues priming the pump or starting the car

I decided to send the ECU back to HA Motorsport for them to look at and test

PART 2:
- HA throughly tested the unit and verified that the board was properly communicating with the rest of the ECU. they got it to accept a base map and all LEDs were green when they tested it. they sent it back

- I got it back and nothing had changed. after emailing them about it, we realized that the ecu was not getting power for some reason. this is strange, considering the stock ecu got power just fine

So here is the big question: what should I be checking to solve this? what would cause one ecu to get power, but prevent the other? Am I just missing something simple?
Last edited by SaucerClone on Tue Jan 10, 2023 1:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KTuner
Site Admin

Re: ECU Not Getting Power

Post by KTuner »

Powering on the bench is not the same as powering in a vehicle so more than likely something in the ECU was damaged.
SaucerClone

Post by SaucerClone »

I emailed them asking if they just tested it on the bench or if they ran a car with it. this was their original email when they actually tested it:

"Thanks for sending this ECU in. We tested the ECU as-is and it powered on and ran with no issues. The two green LED's blink fast, with no red LED's (indicating it is running on the KTuner software and communicating properly). We uploaded an 03-05 RAD calibration file and it uploaded and datalogged with no issues. What tune/calibration file were you trying to run on this ECU?
- HA Motorsports Support"
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

My previous reply still stands, as that didn't change anything in the information presented.
SaucerClone

Post by SaucerClone »

if something in the ECU was damaged, then how come HA was able to get it to work? I know you said that bench vs car is a bit different, but in this case, how different could they really be?

If there's ANY information that I could provide to better get to the bottom of this, please let me know,
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

Their statement says it powered up and ran as-is on the bench with proper LED indicators.Feel free to follow up with them for clarification. They don't mention a vehicle being used. Previous statements still stand. No further suggestions.
SaucerClone

Post by SaucerClone »

proceeding to do my own testing to figure out what's going on, and I need to know if the wiring harness in the same between all of the 03-05 accords with k24s, as well as if the california SULEV ones are different

Return to “03-05 Accord / Euro CL7 Specific”