Auto On when car is started.

Questions about your KTunerFlash V2 Hardware
KTuner
Site Admin

Re: Auto On when car is started.

Post by KTuner »

Feel free to email and arrange to send it in if you want it tested. We don't review videos.
dsegel

Post by dsegel »

I'm having this same problem with a new V2 on a 2020 Sport Touring Civic with an 5AN-A31 ECU; could this be something new like it was with the Accord previously?
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

Yes, we have an update with a CAN Gateway option. As suggested in this post, email support.
Thepanman8825

Post by Thepanman8825 »

I have a 2020 civic si. My V2 does the same thing. Will not turn on when the car turns on. Have to unplug and plug back in. Is there going to be an update for this soon?
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

It was already released. See the version history.
viciousknish

Post by viciousknish »

Hi Guys,

I have a 2020 Civic Si as well. I ran into the same issues with the Ktuner v2 not turning on when its already connected to the OBD2 port on vehicle start. I checked this forum first, found KTuner's latest message, and proceeded to update my version of the KTuner software and firmware on the device itself.

I did some testing today and found that the KTuner v2 still does not behave properly. After the car is turned off, the KTuner now won't turn off. The screen stays lit and would run the battery down. Also, when I re-start the car, the screen on the KTuner stays on but the interface is locked up. You still have to unplug and reconnect to get it to work. The end result of the latest update is that now there are two issues; KTuner doesn't turn off when the car is off and you still have to unplug and reconnect to get it to work each time you start the car.
viciousknish

Post by viciousknish »

I double checked my settings and tested again. The symptoms I reported in my last post were due to having the CAN Gateway disabled.

Now that I enabled the CAN Gateway, the KTuner does go into sleep mode and no longer locks up when you turn the car back on.

My only concern at this point is that even when the car is off, you can wake up the screen. What is the power draw of the KTuner in sleep mode when the car is off? Am I at risk of killing my battery if I leave the KTuner connected?
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

No, you can't wake it up if it's sleeping without keying on. The display goes dark after 20 seconds of inactivity. It has always taken two minutes to actually go to sleep. You're simply hitting the screen before it's sleeping.
viciousknish

Post by viciousknish »

KTuner wrote:The Civic is not the same, as there's no CAN gateway like the Accord. It should start up when the key is on.
My Ktuner v2 didn't work right in regards to waking up when the car is started until I enabled that CAN gateway when using with my 2020 Civic Si. Could it be that the newer Civics have a CAN gateway?
viciousknish

Post by viciousknish »

KTuner wrote:No, you can't wake it up if it's sleeping without keying on. The display goes dark after 20 seconds of inactivity. It has always taken two minutes to actually go to sleep. You're simply hitting the screen before it's sleeping.
Yep, confirmed. Thanks. All is working well now!

Return to “KTunerFlash V2 Specific”