Tune failed

Questions about your KTunerFlash V2 Hardware
Msignor23

Tune failed

Post by Msignor23 »

I went to flash my hatchback sport and the tune failed when downloading the tune onto the car. Now my car is in limp mode how do i fix it?
KTuner
Site Admin

Re: Tune failed

Post by KTuner »

The V2 would ask you to recover upon that happening. Simply connect it while in recovery. You'd do well to use a battery tender for the vehicle.
Msignor23

Post by Msignor23 »

Yes it asked me to and that failed as well so now what? The tuner screen doesnt even stay on it keeps going black
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

It will turn the display off if there's no communication (i.e. key is off or battery is too low)

You can clear tunes on the device and then plug it into software in order to set them up from scratch. It will ask you to setup the factory tune when you connect. Then you can try to recover again.

Email is much faster.
Msignor23

Post by Msignor23 »

I erased the tunes and i download the factory tune and it keeps going from authenticating to disconnected. I am connect to my phone hotspot so its not the wifi problem its the device. Is there anyway i can get a mew one sent out and this one unlocked
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

You can't load the factory tune unless it's connected to the software. Simply plug it in to the laptop only and allow it to setup the factory tune. Then connect to the vehicle.

You don't need internet for this process.

If you know someone with a V1 or V1.2 you can use their already locked unit to recover as well while using your own laptop.

If you can't figure it out and want to send that one in to have it checked out, contact support via email to arrange it.

Return to “KTunerFlash V2 Specific”