Injector Latency

Z962FIT

Injector Latency

Post by Z962FIT »

Ktuner,

I am considering going to the Civic direct inject injectors for the turbo 1.5 motor over the Fit injectors for more tuning capacity. I was informed (thanks internet) that the injector latency is different between the two injectors. If true, is there any way to account for this with the Ktuner software for the GK5 Honda Fit? If so, could you also tell me what that is? Thanks in advance for your prompt reply. Best regards, d'Art
KTuner
Site Admin

Re: Injector Latency

Post by KTuner »

Unfortunately you cannot just swap out injectors and enter a few values on direct injected engines like you could on older platforms.
Z962FIT

Post by Z962FIT »

Did you mean to write, "no, d'Art injector latency can't be changed for your platform on ktuner software?" That response I would understand. I try to ask the most direct questions in here and your responses are always so cryptic. I see other people also having difficulty communicating with you. I know there's just one person behind the curtain but why is every conversation so challenging? The amount of time I spend preparing a question is ridiculous. It's like ordering soup on Seinfeld. Thank for all you do as always, I wish we had a better rapport...
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

Nothing challenging here. It was clear you have no understanding of the direct injection system as a whole compared to older style fuel systems by the question you asked. I'm trying to save you some trouble and heart break. It is not within the purview of my job to teach you how the direct injection system works, correct your thinking on it, etc and the DI system is really something you should have researched on your own prior to asking. In doing so you'd see what you're asking isn't even feasible and is also totally unnecessary.
Z962FIT

Post by Z962FIT »

Somebody is running the Civic 1.5T injectors on a GK5 motor in Australia. I have not seen video footage, but I did take those folks at their word since they seemed forthright. The form factor is the same. They come from the same L15 block generation (I know there are myriad differences between the turbo and NA versions). As to necessity, I have a fully built 12.5:1 motor with CNC ported head, bigger valves and cams. No one to my knowledge has gone this far with the L15B1 motor and I am concerned about getting above 80% duty cycle on the stock injectors. I am also hoping to build an E85 tune. I know your flex fuel sensor is not available for the Fit, but I am planning on fueling straight out of the bottle. This car will never see the street again. I, as all your loyal customers, am running my ktuner off road. You are correct, I have a very shallow knowledge of direct injection and would be so happy to learn more, wherever I can. I have reached out to Katech to understand impacts to intake runner cylinder head porting since they have been very successful on the LT series of GM engines. I asked Web Cam if they could modify my exhaust cam to increase fuel pressure and they looked at me like I had something growing out of my forehead. I understand it is purely air coming down the intake runner and fuel atomization won't occur as it does in a port injection intake manifold runner. I ensured my new 12.5:1 pistons had the bowl properly cut for direction injection fuel flow pattern in the combustion chamber. I understand all injectors, direct or non-, should have a latency function, and I assumed it could be accounted for in the tuning software. As always, thanks for educating me.
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

I doubt they are doing so on a factory ECU otherwise they must be plug and play.

Return to “15+ Fit”