What does Load represent?

TurboEclipse

What does Load represent?

Post by TurboEclipse »

Hi i'm trying to do a custom tune on my 2017 civic CVT and when I want to confirm what load actually represents in the graph(It doesn't seem to be tracing on the ignition graph at all, only on fuel graphs..). I was assuming it was the MAP, but unsure. Also I was surprised to see that, it seems, I can't adjust the vtec engagement at all?
Last edited by TurboEclipse on Sun May 03, 2020 12:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
TurboEclipse

Re: What does Load represent?

Post by TurboEclipse »

Also on the Ignition base map, when following a tune it doesn't highlight the path its taking on the table, when I switch over to WOT ENRICHMENT, it does follow the map. Any way to get it to work on the main Ignition map?
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

Load is a calculated load within the ECU, not direct MAP.

Ignition is derived by much more than just the ignition map, so it will not match directly. That is what to adjust to alter ignition.
TurboEclipse

Post by TurboEclipse »

The problem i'm having is it doesn't show where on the map its following at all. The map isn't highlighting anything during driving or when reviewing saved tunes. It only tracks the fuel maps. that makes it impossible to see where I need to adjust, or what path its taking.
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

Unfortunately it's not an item that Honda includes in the data stream if it's not traced directly.
TurboEclipse

Post by TurboEclipse »

Now i'm kind of getting confused... So when I tune for this car you're saying you basically have to just guess based on RPM and timing? You're telling me data logs wont highlight what part of the map the tune is currently using?? :shock:
TurboEclipse

Post by TurboEclipse »

I guess thats not too bad, I was still able to upload a insanely aggressive tune I made with no issues, no knock, although this is a bit different with that stupid knock control, oh well Ill figure it out. Got that sucker over 1.3 although the original factory tune is already .6 area and from reading thats pretty high... :D gonna go back to the tune you guys did and try to get fuel in line with the 91oct E10 we get around here as our best gas.
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

Do note that a high KC level may introduce extra fuel into the system as a protection. You'll see this in AFR.CMD in logging.

Return to “16-21 Civic 2.0”