TPS.CMD Below 100% - Low Boost Pressure

b6221

TPS.CMD Below 100% - Low Boost Pressure

Post by b6221 »

Dealership updated my ECU for Oil Life update back in December 2022. I didn't pay close attention on my tune after that & though nothing had changed because I spend most of my driving stuck in bad traffic.

I monitored my tune last month and found TPS.CMD can only reach around 90% even though I have floored accelerator pedal. This lead to inability for turbocharger pressure to hit turbocharger pressure target table. I have changed Final Boost target to 30 PSI and change the Cylinder Fill Limitation much higher than default.

I read a few members in Civic X forum experience this & the solution was KTuner fixed the issue at firmware/software level so I thought I would like to bring this up to your attention and seek your help to fix this problem

I switched back to factory calibration and TPS.CMD showed normal performance. TPS.CMD could go higher than 90% even touched 99%.

I cannot share TunerView log from Factory default and KTuner based calibration drive because the board attachment quota limit has been reached issue.

ECU ID: 37820-5AG-P83. KTuner version: KTuner Software 1.0.12.3.

Below is TunerView screenshot just to show that Factory default calibration has no issue with TPS.CMD.
b6221

Re: TPS.CMD Below 100% - Low Boost Pressure

Post by b6221 »

Hi KTuner,

Just want to let you know the TPS.CMD not hitting 100% problem is still exist both using initial & beta calibration. KTuner software version: 1.0.12.5.

ECU: 378205APGM30M1 Software: 37805-5AG-P830.

According to dealership and other mechanics who have knowledge and experience on Civic 10th gen platform, there is no mechanical issue that would cause TPS.CMD only hit 90%. The main suspect is KTuner firmware has issue after dealership updated my car ECU firmware for oil life update.

Can this be fixed or I need to sell my KTuner 1.2 unit and change to other engine tuning platform?
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

If you're unhappy with the tunes that are included you can certainly try something else.
b6221

Post by b6221 »

KTuner wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 6:37 pm If you're unhappy with the tunes that are included you can certainly try something else.
This is not tune related so your response is not relevant to my issue, which is TPS.CMD never hit 100%. This had never happened before dealership update my ECU back in December 2022. I switched back to stock and locked the ECU when dealership update my ECU for oil change indicator update & I had no issue flashing back tunes from KTuner. However, TPS.CMD never hit 100% after that.

I read few cases in Civic X forums when KTuner users experience TPS.CMD below 100% and KTuner fixed the issue by providing firmware update.
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

If you flashed a tune back to the ECU with KTuner you on the ECU software included within KTuner and you overwrote any ECU updates. If you're unhappy with the tunes that are included you can certainly try something else.

Return to “16-21 Civic 1.5T”