Questions about Ktuner Base map & bolt ons (Non-Si)

Syl_92

Questions about Ktuner Base map & bolt ons (Non-Si)

Post by Syl_92 »

Dear Ktuner ,
1.5T Non-Si here, been running your product on stage 2 base map for a few months and loving it so much. According to what I’ve read your replies regarding bolt ons for the base map, it’s best to have a near stock setup right? Here’s my question:

Is the K&N typhoon intake good enough to pair with the base map Stage 2? Does it alter the MAF ? Sorry for I’m new and don’t really understand much about how MAF housing work/is being affected..

On the other hand, as for exhaust part, I switched back to stock catted dp & fp for some reason and it ran super smooth especially on the low end, as for Mid pipe/resonator , is it good to run a less restricted aftermarket 2.5” pipping or better with stock Honda mid pipe+2” pipping ? For I have a 2.5”-2” muffler delete tailpipe .

Looking forward for your reply & suggestion, much appreciated and I’m happy with your product :) Tq !
KTuner
Site Admin

Re: Questions about Ktuner Base map & bolt ons (Non-Si)

Post by KTuner »

From our replies the take away should be that any exhaust modifications are covered and any intake modifications that change the MAF housing size need to be compensated for.
Syl_92

Re: Questions about Ktuner Base map & bolt ons (Non-Si)

Post by Syl_92 »

Thanks. Yeah any exhuast modifications are covered, but I’m guessing that pipping diameter does affect how well and smooth it runs on base map? Ah okay, I mistaken as MAF sensor positioning , which for now my MAF is placing upside down that I’m concerned about.

Return to “16-21 Civic 1.5T”