civic 1.5t non-si and using a bigger turbo

xTWISTED_WAYZx

civic 1.5t non-si and using a bigger turbo

Post by xTWISTED_WAYZx »

So, i have talked with the tuner and as he has stated do not run my new turbo with the tsp stage 1 tune. Which what he said makes sense and as such he is very good at his job I tend to listen. I have his custom tune with the w1 but the tune is locked, im sure he has is reasons. Ive been ridiculed for this by other tuners and well I stand by his ability regardless of what i have to hear.

However, i cant change the options on things like my new race maf housing. His tune was done with the w1 not my current turbo and with a normal maf housing. Though they are close its not a w1 and being his tune is locked i cant change the one option that id need in order to run that tune and not fear my engine being hurt. (a/f ratio goes way out of line obviously)

The tsp stage 1 tune has been updated to the race maf housing and as such works great for when i had the stock turbo in, not now. My issue is i've spent a lot recently, and need to save up for a few weeks to get my new and final tune done. I had it planned to have it done immediately, however recent events have left me unable to make the tune purchase for a few more days. So, during this time I'm told not to use the tsp tune i have and to create a starter tune myself and select the options i need like race maf housing and my disables. And to baby the car driving if need be.

My question is this: What else do i need to select on this created tune? So far i can only do the disables which is easy enough, ive selected my race maf option. Left target dampening and all that alone as I'm driving a cvt. Boost by gear gear 1 is set to 18, rest are left alone. Ive selected the starter with 16 psi 91 fuel. Anything else worth looking at in my case here?

I only want to make sure im not causing dmg to the turbo and my engine by doing this. I have to cont. to drive the car for cases like today where i have to go feed our horses and its my only vehicle here at this time, he horses are not to far at all. I trust in what the tuner has told me so its not to debate him, im simply trying to not hurt the car in doing this starter tune. I wish i knew more and that i didn't have to drive it at all but unfortunately that's not the case. Im not going far however, that I'm sure makes no difference and I'm darn certain I'm not trying to race the thing.

Sorry to ask such a question, i was hoping to see an option like the race maf option to select mine, however, i have yet to find one for my new turbo and so im concerned is all. Thought i'd ask prior to driving this starter tune!

Thanks in advance,

Twisted.
KTuner
Site Admin

Re: civic 1.5t non-si and using a bigger turbo

Post by KTuner »

If you have a MAF housing we directly support it will be in the list under MAF Scaling. If it is not there you will need a custom tune, so you're better off having yours modified for it.

Return to “16-21 Civic 1.5T”