Knock count

Hondakap

Knock count

Post by Hondakap »

Hi I’ve emailed my issue in but I thought I’d post here if it helps future users.

I had all my warning lights and a p0301 error code display this morning after a few weeks of being tuned.I’ve since flashed to stock to monitor for a repeat event.

The past few days prior to this I’ve had my knock count rapidly increase on cold starts to roughly 90-150 counts in a span of 1-2 minutes. I’ve heard a gradual increase is normal but a rapid increase like what i had could be trouble I’m curious what the effects/ meaning of a rapid increase in count over a short time means/ next steps. Also once the engine has warmed the knock count does not rapidly increase even on reignition the count remains low.

Also worth noting prior to today my knock control Would sit between .49-.56 and after today being flashed back to stock I sit between .70-.90

Any insight would be greatly appreciated!
Hondakap

Re: Knock count

Post by Hondakap »

I’d also like to note I do have a fairly solid rear motor mount and coilovers, could this possibly trip the sensor on cold start when things are vibrating aggressively.
KTuner
Site Admin

Re: Knock count

Post by KTuner »

The Factory tune starts out at .9 Knock Control after a reset. We're unable to guess what may be causing your knock counts to climb.

Return to “16-21 Civic 1.5T”