Export extended data

cafetty0370

Export extended data

Post by cafetty0370 »

I am new to this forum and getting more involved with datalogging. I have been autocrossing my 19 Si and have been increasing grip in the corners and would like to track the grip using the ECU's lateral acceleration data. KTuner can record this once the extended data is enabled, but the software cannot export the extended data with the log (CSV). I've seen where there was a post saying it only exports general data because there are many platforms supported. I don't know what it would take to add a few more columns of data to allow the extended data to be exported, but for cornering the car, having the data in Excel is much easier to work with. The problem is, KTuner software layout won't even graph the lateral acceleration, longitudinal acceleration, or brake pressure. It is frustrating to try and find the peak values when looking at the table because it isn't associated with engine RPM. I can't find the corners very easily without looking at a graph for G-loading. I would change a sway bar setting, tire pressure, steering angle, or half a dozen other things to see if I cold hold the corner better. I suppose for the straight line guys, they would like to see what the longitudinal accelerations are and compare to some traction control settings to optimize things.

Please consider what it would take to include the extended data in an export to CSV.
Thanks,
Chris
KTuner
Site Admin

Re: Export extended data

Post by KTuner »

If you have an Android device you're using with the TunerView app that should be able to save all of the data in the CSVs it exports.

I'll see what I can do for the KTuner software. Sadly with the introduction of a CAN Gateway into these newer model vehicles the units can't even get access to this data anymore on the newer models, so it's a very small support slice that you're talking about and why development didn't continue further.
cafetty0370

Post by cafetty0370 »

Thanks for the response. I use Tunerview on the cars infotainment center. Will see what I can do with that or migrate to my Android phone for exporting.
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

Sounds good. If that gets you going let me know. I'll still put this on the list to look at.

Return to “16-21 Civic 1.5T”