Flashing + adjusting parameters on Maps

18Si_BLK

Flashing + adjusting parameters on Maps

Post by 18Si_BLK »

Good evening everyone,

I have a 2018 civic SI and when I bought the car it came with the KTuner V2 and TSP stage 1 maps which were already installed per the pervious owner.
Ive owned the car for over a year now and I just saw that KTuner added the ability to adjust certain parameters such as throttle padding etc and since it makes the car shift smoother, i wanted to adjust it and flash it to my car but honestly I don’t even know where or how to begin.

I did install the KTuner software on my computer and I was able to connect the KTuner device to my computer but after that I was unsure how to make the adjustments and then how to flash my changes to the KTuner to be able to flash to my car,

NOTE: when I was messing around trying to figure things out I saw there were a ton of maps installed on the KTuner including the TSP and some 27WON maps for upgraded turbos etc

I want to keep the TSP map and adjust the throttle responsiveness and throttle padding.

How do i do this and save the changes? What map do i open and what do i save it as.

I appreciate your help in advance.

PS: What is Advanced VSA control? i see it as a quick adjustment but have no idea what it is or does.
KTuner
Site Admin

Re: Flashing + adjusting parameters on Maps

Post by KTuner »

TSP sends their files via email, so if you have the TSP tune file you can open and adjust with File>Open, like most any other software out there. If you didn't get the file from the previous owner you don't actually have access to alter it.

You'd find info on that in the Quick Adjustments Help section.
http://www.ktuner.com/KTunerHelp/quick_adjustments.htm
18Si_BLK

Post by 18Si_BLK »

So I was sent the TSP file.
Last night I opened the file and made the necessary adjustments (throttle padding, etc) and when I was finished I went to upload to the Ktuner V2 and picked slot 5 and named it accordingly.

It said it had flashed and when I went to my car to see if it was there; the only option I had was to clear tunes? None of the previously installed maps were present nor was the map I just made changes to.

Photo; what it like like before with the maps from previous owner
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

If you have a flash menu then you're connected to the registered vehicle. Any tunes on the device would be listed at that time. Uploading a tune to any slot can't clear tunes and would only replace the tune in that slot if there was one. The only way to clear tunes is through the clear tunes option.

Return to “16-21 Civic 1.5T”