Stage 2 Base OTF

updoc77

Stage 2 Base OTF

Post by updoc77 »

Hey there everyone, I have a quick question I've struggled to find an answer to.

Does the KTuner Stage 2 basemap utilize the OTF maps?

I've been tinkering between the dual map, my TSP Stage 1, and the KTuner Stage 2 and noticed that on my recent flash to Stage 2 that my fuel economy and responsiveness kinda tanked hard for some reason.

I ended up unplugging the KTuner and deciding to deal with things when I had more time and just let the car run on map 1. I not only noticed that my fuel economy leveled out but everything felt more responsive than when it was sitting on Map 3.

What I'm trying to determine is if the tune uses the maps and I have some other issue, or if the fact that it was on map 3 when the tune DOESN'T use it caused the tune some general unhappiness.

I appreciate your time!
KTuner
Site Admin

Re: Stage 2 Base OTF

Post by KTuner »

You may be confused on how it works. You can't switch between two completely different tunes, the OTF Map Switching is setup in the tune before you flash the ECU.

If you flash a stage 2 map you are on the stage 2 map, there's no OTF Map Switching.

If you flash our Starter 21 Dual Tune you have two levels to switch to via the ECO button, as indicated in the description. None of the OTF Map switching is utilized.

If you flash the TSP tune they have all three maps setup for the OTF Map Switching, as outlined on their website.

If you remove the unit then the next time you key on you are starting on map 1 since the device is what saves your map choice, as indicated in the help for the OTF Map Switching feature.
updoc77

Post by updoc77 »

My wording was poor apparently, my apologies.

I understand that it's not different tunes, I meant to say I'm flashing between the tunes and experimenting.

The dual map and TSP utilize the OTF Map Switching and I was previously testing Map3 on each tune.

I flashed to the Stage 2 KTuner base but was still using Map 3 and am trying to determine if that tune uses the OTF system because Map 1 on that tune seems to perform better and give better economy than being in Map 3.
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

On a tune that's not utilizing map switching all three are the same.

Return to “16-21 Civic 1.5T”