Any Chance of Updates for EU-Spec ECUs?

andreionut_negulescu

Any Chance of Updates for EU-Spec ECUs?

Post by andreionut_negulescu »

Hello Ktuner!

I've been using your platform for a year now, and have been enjoying it so far. To get rid of all errors and issues, I have been using the Stage 2 map. As you know, for EU-spec models, all full-featured maps with all the settings, rev-hang and OTF switching deactivate the start/stop system, giving a permanent error in the dash. The only way of ridding of that error is flashing to non-beta maps or, of course, to factory.

Is it likely that you will move the beta maps to full support and eliminate the start/stop error, or will things stay like this?

I have recently gotten the TSP Stage 1 tune and, although they didn't mention it on the website, it also deactivates the start/stop and features the error. Unlike the Ktuner beta codebases, the TSP tune gives this error yet still does not feature OTF switching, which is truly unfortunate.

Bottom line is, I would love to have OTF switching and rev-hang disable without the error in the dash. Your product is absolutely amazing, and it's great as is for me, even without these features. Still, those features are so unique and appealing and I think many many users would be really grateful if they received full support. Also, if you need any kind of datalogs from my part, if I can do anything (that doesn't risk the car's mechanical integrity, of course) to help you with fully supporting these features for EU models, I would gladly do it.

I don't want to seem ungrateful for all you do, your product, and your incredibly responsive customer service. I am, and this is just a question :)

Have a wonderful day!
KTuner
Site Admin

Re: Any Chance of Updates for EU-Spec ECUs?

Post by KTuner »

If you indeed have the "BETA" option you should also have a disable for U129E, which should fix your start/stop error. The BETA codebase has all features.

The non-BETA codebase would not give you any error.

Meaning what you ask for already exists right in the software.

Enjoy.
andreionut_negulescu

Post by andreionut_negulescu »

Damn! I had no idea there was a disable for that error. Sorry for taking from your time.

Is it risky to disable it? I mean, does that error code flash for other important issues other than start/stop, meaning that disabling it may involve missing out on key information the car gives me about a potential issue, or is it just for start/stop.

Thank you so much and good luck with everything!
Andrei
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

Not at all! We've been told from testers that everything functions as normal once that's checked! Please enjoy. :)
MarekPolska

Post by MarekPolska »

Hello, I'm hooking up to the topic, I bought a ktuner thinking that I will have all the functions I saw on you tube, the sales representative ktuner did not inform me about the limited version for my ecu, I have Factory 5AW-GAX, I do not even have a beta version. Question for Ktuner, is there any chance to update my software?
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

We are continuing to work on all supported ECUs. There's no way to predict what or when you will receive anything additional, since we don't have your vehicle for testing.

Return to “16-21 Civic 1.5T”