Weird Boost Limiter

cm1872

Weird Boost Limiter

Post by cm1872 »

Hello there!
I'm tuning a Base model ECU (5AN-EA1) and I'm dealing with a weird kind of random boost limiter while driving.

For example on a 3rd-4th gear pull the boost target follows exactly my boost map while on 3rd gear but right after I gear up to 4th the the boost target locks to ~19.5psi flat.

This is not happening all the times. Sometimes it happens and sometimes not. Sometimes I also get this boost target limit in both 3rd and 4th gears.

Do you know why this may be happening? Ιt looks like a ΒΒG limiter but the basemap for this car has no BBG option.

Thank you!

*I tried to upload some logs but I get "Sorry, the board attachment quota has been reached." error.
So i uploaded them to wetransfer https://we.tl/t-3QiGfOiBVA
Last edited by cm1872 on Thu Jan 21, 2021 2:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
KTuner
Site Admin

Re: Weird Boost Limiter

Post by KTuner »

If you can achieve full boost in any gear then the ECU is doing what it should. As you noted there's no BBG option for you to limit it by gear and we wouldn't set that up to limit you anyway.

If you want custom tuning tailored to you reach out to a tuner like Derek at Innovative Motorworks.
cm1872

Post by cm1872 »

Hello!
I have uploaded 2 logs in my first post. Please check them and you will see that its not a tuning issue I'm dealing with. It's just an unusual behavior of the ecu limiting the max boost for no reason.

How can the ecu follow the boost target on the 3rd gear and then limits it at 19.5psi on the 4th? (on a 3rd-4th gear pull - you can see it in the first log)

As we said there is no BBG that Ι could possibly tune wrong and limit the 4th gear's boost. And again the 19.5 limit happens sometimes in 3rd gear too. (second log)

You think this is a tuning issue?

Thank you!
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

There's no BBG, as you noted, so there's no limitation by gear. The available tunes were tested on these ECU types and confirmed operational. If the basemap is not running to a level you'd like to achieve, perhaps because of elevation or other factors, feel free to discuss with a tuner.

We're not going to click a random link, sorry.
cm1872

Post by cm1872 »

Can you please tell me how to send you the logs?
As I told you I'm trying to upload them to your board but I get this error "Sorry, the board attachment quota has been reached."

The file is 48kb. Is there another way to send you the logs?

The elevation is sea level.

*Ι just want you to tell me if its a tuning problem or something else
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

That ECU series was tested with our first customer with the series and tested fine. If you'd like to move beyond the available tunes you can work with a tuner to do so.

Return to “16-21 Civic 1.5T”