Knock Control Raising In Partial Throttle

b6221

Knock Control Raising In Partial Throttle

Post by b6221 »

Hi KTuner Team,

I recently noticed my K. Control increased up to .70 during partial throttle (under 2000 RPM) but the K. Control decrease and back to normal (.49) when I reached boost (higher than 2000 RPM).

No change in calibration (stable/non-beta codebase), always use the same 93 Octane fuel from the same gas station and same pump, no knocking sound, & the same elevation. KTuner V1.2, latest firmware.

Could you please advise if there is possibly risk of damage I need to be aware of?

Thank you.
PS: I'm not the OP from Civic X forum posting the same issue. I'd prefer to get guide from KTuner forum when I meet issue to avoid confusion.
KTuner
Site Admin

Re: Knock Control Raising In Partial Throttle

Post by KTuner »

Knock control will vary based on fuel quality and environmental factors. Nothing to advise on here.
b6221

Post by b6221 »

I change MAF Quick Calibration to "Factory MAF Calibration" & did 10 minutes normal driving, which mostly partial throttle & my knock control is stable at .49. It went up to .6 yesterday. Same route, same fuel, and the only difference in calibration is the MAF Scaling.

If Knock Control is mostly fuel related, how can changing MAF Quick Calibration from "Custom" to "Factory MAF Calibration" solve the knock control issue?
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

If you never changed the MAF scale then changing from custom to factory would have no effect, since it'd be the same.
b6221

Post by b6221 »

Hi KTuner team,

I finished my long term test. I spend 4 weeks on factory/stock tune, factory starting point calibration, & custom tune. I also compared Hondata Flashpro result. I'm using custom turbo, & custom high flow downpipe. Everything else is stock. Always use 93 Octane fuel.

No partial knock control raising on factory/stock tune despite of my custom parts. Knock control only occur during after 5000 RPM, which is common for factory/stock tune due to artificial knock control raise put in place by factory.

Factory starting point calibration. Knock control started to raise when I drive below 2250 RPM constantly and during stop and go traffic. Highest knock control was .53 on Non-Beta codebase. Beta codebase resulted in much higher knock control up to .71. Knock control started to reduce when driving higher than 2250 RPM.

Custom tune resulted in worst result than Factory starting point calibration as I tweak MAF calibration to improve STFT. Highest knock control was .67. I didn't bother to test custom tune with Beta codebase because of high partial throttle knock control raise with Non-Beta codebase.

I used custom tune using Flashpro. I copied everything from KTuner calibration to Flashpro for tables that share common parameters. Knock control steady at .54 (lowest knock control for Hondata). No partial knock control occur with Flashpro on my custom MAF calibration.

I hope you can take a look to firmware or calibration for ECU 37820-5AG-P83 & I'm willing to test to fix this issue. I'm sure there is nothing wrong with my car because I didn't experience partial throttle knock control raise situation with Factory/Stock tune and custom tune on Hondata Flashpro.

I know there are few members in Civic X with different ECU ID experience partial throttle knock control raise and the only solution for us is to revert back to stock MAF calibration for partial throttle parameters so I hope KTuner is willing to take a look at this issue.

I love KTuner V1.2 device for its size and simplicity other than its tuning capability but I would have to switch back to Flashpro if KTuner cannot find the issue, which I hope wouldn't be the case.
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

We're not going to change anything related to the factory knock control system.

Return to “16-21 Civic 1.5T”