ECU Swap in This Platform: Is that even possible?

b6221

ECU Swap in This Platform: Is that even possible?

Post by b6221 »

Hi KTuner,

37820-5AG-P83 ECU has been under initial support for awhile. We just recently got boost by gear option as part of beta but advance VSA and on-the fly map switch not yet available.

Someone in my country offered me a 37820-5AG-P71 ECU and said the ECU should compatible with my car. I know the person who offer me is a reputable vendor in my country but this person has little knowledge about Civic X platform so I asked him to hold the ECU for me while I'm asking around.

Is ECU swap in this platform even possible without involving Honda to make adjustment and synchronization between the new ECU with immobilizer and TCM?

If ECU swap is possible, I would be more than happy to do the swap. I love KTuner and I am seeking ways to get KTuner full feature. I know Honda is using various code base on Civic X platform across the globe and there is a risk that my ECU will never see full support.
KTuner
Site Admin

Re: ECU Swap in This Platform: Is that even possible?

Post by KTuner »

You'd need to have the immobilizer sync'd and there's no benefit to running that ECU at this time.
b6221

Re: ECU Swap in This Platform: Is that even possible?

Post by b6221 »

KTuner wrote:You'd need to have the immobilizer sync'd and there's no benefit to running that ECU at this time.
Honda may not be willing to do this, especially when the car is still within guarantee period. Too bad. :(

Guess I just have to live with limitation of this ECU. :(

Return to “16-21 Civic 1.5T”