How to Enable OBD2 Monitors?

b6221

How to Enable OBD2 Monitors?

Post by b6221 »

Hi KTuner Team,

I religiously monitor all knock monitors (knock count & knock control) when refining my tune but OBD2 Monitors option is greyed out.
In the other platform, I can enable/disable OBD2 Monitors but not in KTuner.

My ECU is: 37820-5AG-P83

Sorry for asking too many questions too often. I need to adapt with this platform.

Thank You
KTuner
Site Admin

Re: How to Enable OBD2 Monitors?

Post by KTuner »

If it's grey you don't have the option to manipulate it. If your ECU software doesn't have the monitor enabled by default it may be missing settings that would be needed to enable it and have it run properly anyway.

Focus on your knock control movement.
b6221

Post by b6221 »

KTuner wrote:If it's grey you don't have the option to manipulate it. If your ECU software doesn't have the monitor enabled by default it may be missing settings that would be needed to enable it and have it run properly anyway.

Focus on your knock control movement.
I understand to focus more on knock control movement in this platform. I suspected that the default setting in the ECU software doesn't have this monitor because it was also disabled by default in the other platform but this platform can enable/disable the OBD II sensor for misfire events/knock count. I am not sure how that platform did it.

My concern raised when I made some changes to my calibration. I used KTuner Starter Dual 21 PSI as basemap, which has more aggressive ignition base below 3000 RPM compare to my custom calibration.

In an instance, I saw 94% and 95% K.Cont and a few K.Cont higher than 79%. These were blips less than 1 second occurrence and they were no visible in the datalog playback. It was only visible when I read the CSV datalog.

In few instances, I saw weird K.Control went to 0%.

I accidentally deleted the kdlg datalog but still keep the CSV datalog.

Would you mind to take a look and advise if this is something that I need to worry about?

This is link to the datalog: http://www.mediafire.com/file/83f1h5bpv ... 0.csv/file

Thank You.
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

Knock control doesn't move without staying there, so if you saw an instantaneous reading of something higher than the rest of the surrounding data in the log it was an error.
b6221

Post by b6221 »

KTuner wrote:Knock control doesn't move without staying there, so if you saw an instantaneous reading of something higher than the rest of the surrounding data in the log it was an error.
Noted. I did think it was an error because it was just a blip and surrounding data was 49%. Thank you very much for the very fast response and I'm sorry to disturb your weekend.
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

Glad that's all it is, but I wonder why the glitch.
No problem.
b6221

Post by b6221 »

KTuner wrote:Glad that's all it is, but I wonder why the glitch.
No problem.
I suspect the V1.2 dongle wasn't properly plug to OBD II so V1.2 connection to OBD II may disconnect for a few millisecond when the car moved at high speed and the road was not very smooth. I just hope it wasn't actual knock that the ECU was reading.
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

Knock control would have definitely gone up and stayed up!

Return to “16-21 Civic 1.5T”