Stock intake and stock map running rich

brandonckc

Stock intake and stock map running rich

Post by brandonckc »

I have a 2016 base 1.5T CVT.
Would like to ask whether a completely stock car run that rich on AFR?

I wouldn't say mine was completely stock as i still have a decat downpipe and frontpipe installed. I just did a return to stock flash and swap my intake back to stock.
Previously i was using K&N typhoon open pod intake and a custom tune peak 22psi boost.

With stock intake and stock map right now, i realised my STFT at idle hover arround NEGATIVE -12% to -16%, and never went close to 0 or positive at all. Even at partial throttle STFT will hover around NEGATIVE -3% to -8%.
My AFR will go as rich as 9~ when WOT while the AFR.CMD is only 10.89 (which i think still rich for a stock map?)
And also with the stock map, i wasn't getting full boost of 16.5psi as advertised by honda. The max i would get is 13 - 14 psi and thats only peak a while after 5000 rpm. Most of the time WOT only getting 11-12 psi.
Is this normal for a stock car?

With the K&N intake and custom tuned 22psi, STFT at idle will peak -10% then slow climb close to 0. However with partial throttle STFT will hover POSITIVE 3% to 7%. (weird). And 0 when WOT.
AFR at WOT is 10.8 , same goes to AFR.CMD (good tuned i guess)

Hope to get some input about stock car.
KTuner
Site Admin

Re: Stock intake and stock map running rich

Post by KTuner »

Yes, they run very rich from the factory.

We have an altered top end MAF curve that will help the top end richness. Find it in MAF Scaling under Main Parameters.

Return to “16-21 Civic 1.5T”