HP/Torque Estimate Without Dyno

aaronkb

HP/Torque Estimate Without Dyno

Post by aaronkb »

Hi all! Been running ktuner for a few months and loving it, but only just signed up on here.

I’m curious whether anyone can help me estimate (even if it’s a very rough estimate) what kind of hp and torque gains I’m getting. I know the best answer is to dyno it, but to be frank it’s not worth it to me to spend money on that when I could be saving it for other upgrades. If that means I can’t get a good answer, I can live with that!

Here’s my setup:
2018 EX-T Coupe
Ktuner stage 1 (I’m also curious what people think I’d be getting with stage 2)
PRL catted downpipe, heatwrapped.

I’ve seen ktuner’s advertised gains but I haven’t seen any differentiation between the base tunes so that’s throwing me off. I also know PRL’s advertised numbers for the downpipe but I figure there’s probably an interaction with the tune where the whole is greater than the sum of the parts.

Thanks!
Aaron
KTuner
Site Admin

Re: HP/Torque Estimate Without Dyno

Post by KTuner »

There's a way to use mass air flow values to give a rough calculation of power. It's nowhere near exact, but can be used to compare one thing to another. Search the net.
aaronkb

Re: HP/Torque Estimate Without Dyno

Post by aaronkb »

KTuner wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 12:24 pm There's a way to use mass air flow values to give a rough calculation of power. It's nowhere near exact, but can be used to compare one thing to another. Search the net.
Thanks!! I’ll check it out.

Return to “16-21 Civic 1.5T”