Flash may have failed?

easygarden

Flash may have failed?

Post by easygarden »

Hey guys, need major help. I uploaded a tune and then did the reflash. My fault was not having a battery charger on the battery when flashing and I don't think the flash went through 100%. Now my car doesn't start. I'm thinking that it erased my ecu info and failed to flash the new info. So maybe now my ECU can't communicate with my key. All the buttons work on the key, but the car just won't start. I thought it was a weak battery, so I went to charge it to about 80% with 14.6V to see if maybe the battery just needed a bit more juice to start, but that didn't help at all either. I was thinking about going to buy a new battery too. Please help me someone.
Linszter

Re: Flash may have failed?

Post by Linszter »

easygarden wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 1:01 am Hey guys, need major help. I uploaded a tune and then did the reflash. My fault was not having a battery charger on the battery when flashing and I don't think the flash went through 100%. Now my car doesn't start. I'm thinking that it erased my ecu info and failed to flash the new info. So maybe now my ECU can't communicate with my key. All the buttons work on the key, but the car just won't start. I thought it was a weak battery, so I went to charge it to about 80% with 14.6V to see if maybe the battery just needed a bit more juice to start, but that didn't help at all either. I was thinking about going to buy a new battery too. Please help me someone.
If it doesn't went through the ECU is in recovery and the KTuner software will tell you that and describe you what to do.
easygarden

Post by easygarden »

That's what I was hoping it would do, but my Ktuner is having a hard time connecting to my ECU when I plug it in. All I keep getting is the Retry screen
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

If an ECU is in recovery mode it should ask you to recover, per the help section. The retry window is actually not for the Flash units and wouldn't pop up on the CR-Z platform unless you have another issue to address. Contact support via email if you haven't already.

Return to “13-15 CR-Z Specific”