A2 cam and Rocker Conversion in A3 head

sam

A2 cam and Rocker Conversion in A3 head

Post by sam »

Wondering if a type-s base tune would work on a converted cam a3 head. currently drive the (PND) base rsx but did some research and this conversion is cheap and and a +30-40 hp gain for the k20a3 engine with a tune. since I am using stock k20a2 type-s cams,gears and rockers etc. and changing the crap plastic Intake manifold and smaller Throttle body to RBC and type-s throttle body would a base tune from the type-s work? I have I/H/E bolt ons already on as well. should I go through Turbogixxer and get an e-tune? or would I be able to get the base tune somehow and just apply it to my ecu? I don't have access to any local tuners that do honda/acura work, closest one is 4+ hours away.

side question, Kpro has a sequential shift cut option, do you guys have any plans to get something like that on board the ktuner platform? great feature for auto cars that want a little more gallop but not crazy power but also want the trans to not crap out.

thanks. any feed back is appreciated.
KTuner
Site Admin

Re: A2 cam and Rocker Conversion in A3 head

Post by KTuner »

I can't tell you if that will run perfectly with a basemap not meant for that setup. Custom tuning will always be recommended .

Are you putting in a sequential shift trans?
sam

Post by sam »

thanks for the reply. essentially turning my k20a3 into the k20a2, the only difference besides cam setup and bolt on parts in the engines is the oil routing within the head. since the k20a3 was never meant to exceed 8000 rpm honda did not route oil to certain parts of the engine meant to prevent damage at higher rpms like the a2 has.

unfortunately I have the auto transmission, but kpro shift cut works with "sequential" sport shifter auto transmission. for the k20/k24 engines (rsx, tsx, accord) check it out here, its pretty cool concept keeps a lot of strain off the mini clutch plates in these trans. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LomvkYnBCWc
some guys have superchargers and k24 long block running on this transmission and it runs surprisingly well.

I'm sure this feature would take a lot of R&D and time to get onboard I'm just curious if you guys ever thought about it.
thanks
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

I just looked up a factory 05-06 RSX Auto and it seems to shift faster than that video.

Return to “05-06 RSX Specific”