Fuel trims & WOT

Rainmank20

Fuel trims & WOT

Post by Rainmank20 »

I noticed my car still shows stft when I go In open loop after my 20% tps threshold, it never use to do this. I have a Acuity tps, I think it might be going bad. Would that cause this? The afr still shows 13.5afr it wot. The sftf just still show its trying to compensate.
KTuner
Site Admin

Re: Fuel trims & WOT

Post by KTuner »

Having the ECU help you reach the target isn't necessarily a bad thing, as long as it's targeting what you're telling it to. You should have control over the transition in the closed loop parameters and can use datalogging to ensure you're reaching those thresholds. You can also use logging to very the range of the sensor is correct.
Rainmank20

Post by Rainmank20 »

The stft use to go away in open loop, now it stays on correcting. The corrections only show + - 1 or 2%. It still shows roughly 13.5afr at wot, just asking. The only thing I changed Is The 20% wot and the cut off to 18%. What would cause this? My tps?
Rainmank20

Post by Rainmank20 »

I have a feeling my acuity tps is going out because my throttle has been kinda Jerky. I zero it out and it temporarily fixes it. Since it's a hall effect sensor I'm sure it goes bad with different symptoms than a brush style tps.
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

Push the throttle to the floor and verify with datalogging what the TPS reads. You can see from there if it's out of range.

Return to “05-06 RSX Specific”