Rsx tps calibration

daje00

Rsx tps calibration

Post by daje00 »

Hello, at idle when monitoring my tps in Ktuner it shows 5% and at full throttle it shows 83%. Do I need to calibrate this to 0% at idle with the software ? Also can you explain what the difference is between the 2 calibration buttons, one says calibrate 0% and the other says above 0.5%. My iacv is installed and clean but I can't seem to get the idle adjustment in Ktuner to do anything. The car idles around 1000rpm regardless if what I put in the idle speed target. Thank you.
KTuner
Site Admin

Re: Rsx tps calibration

Post by KTuner »

Correct, you'd need to have the TPS at the correct position for closed voltage and then calibrate to whichever option you want.

It's explained next to the buttons.

Right, because it's 5% suggesting you're not idling.
daje00

Post by daje00 »

Great, thanks for the reply. One more question, where should the car idle with the iacv unplugged, I'm trying to get my idle screw adjusted correctly. It was too far out so the butterfly was sticking bclosed.
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

There's likely a procedure you should follow for that, but we can't make those types of suggestions.
daje00

Post by daje00 »

Ok so I did the tps calibration, it shows o% but as soon as I upload it goes back to 5% again. This tps has always showed 5% from day 1 tho.
daje00

Post by daje00 »

I got it now, thanks.
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

Excellent. No problem.
daje00

Post by daje00 »

So the problem seems to be back again, I notice tho when I connect the laptop the tps is back to 5% at idle. It seems like it changes by itself after a few drive cycles. I've recalibrated to show 0% but as soon as I upload it goes back to 5%. Any idea what's going on, can I send you the tune or a catalog to take a look?
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

If you've set to zero and then flashed afterward that means your closed voltage is too far away from factory spec.

Return to “05-06 RSX Specific”