06 Auto Trouble Shifting with Forced Induction Helper Tune

tbarone17

06 Auto Trouble Shifting with Forced Induction Helper Tune

Post by tbarone17 »

After running my car N/A with turbo installed for a few days, tonight I installed my intercooler piping and flashed my ECU from the Stage 1 reflash to the Forced Induction Helper tune for K20A3 AT. After starting, I shifted into reverse and felt the trans clunk hard into gear. Same going into first. It can hold first fine but it stays in neutral for around 5 seconds going into second, and never shifts to third. The gear number indicator also seems to freak out and sometimes goes blank or get stuck on one number. Getting home from the shop was an ordeal. Trans worked perfect with the reflash tune. My question is, are there transmission shift settings in Ktuner software for me to use, or could there be a problem with the Turbo base tune for the Auto RSX (I can't imagine many people use this)? Can't seem to find trans settings, and now I'm thinking starting from the factory tune and tuning from there is my best bet. I should mention the trans isn't slipping, it's definitely getting bugged out electronically
KTuner
Site Admin

Re: 06 Auto Trouble Shifting with Forced Induction Helper Tu

Post by KTuner »

We don't alter the transmission control in any way.
Xbecomingx

Post by Xbecomingx »

I'm actually having this same issue. I really hope someone has some information on this. I can't drive the car at all at the moment. It slams in to gear, then once you drive it it had a strong delay going in to 2nd. I couldn't get it in to 3rd and at one point when I tried to reverse it wouldn't move at all. Had to turn off the car and turn it back on again to get back in to 1st.
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

Use the standard base code and alter the column headings instead of the FI codebase with extended maps.
Xbecomingx

Post by Xbecomingx »

Thank you,
I assumed it was a map sensor issue so i changed my 4bar back to the factory one and tried with the same (automatic forced induction tune) and it was the same issue.
so i flashed to the stock tune with stock map sensor and the car shifted without issue.

ill give this a try tho. Mind giving a little more clear instruction if you can. I will be having derek do my tune on this once i work out my gremlins.
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

You can change the load scale by clicking the column heading.

Return to “05-06 RSX Specific”